Coronavirus (COVID-19)

UK coronavirus response utterly hypocritical, says UN poverty expert.

The United Nations’ poverty expert Philip Alston has attacked the UK government’s coronavirus response as “utterly hypocritical” after successive administrations implemented policies of austerity and public-sector cuts.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/apr/26/uk-coronavirus-response-utterly-hypocritical-says-un-poverty-expert

I had to make a couple of trips today, further than any I’ve had to go on for the last two months and everywhere was practically deserted. If this wasn’t the case and I was out on a beautiful Sunday like this the places I was today would be mobbed.

1 hour ago, dirty dingus said:

They could throw them in the nick, the fines are like 30 quid which is f**k all.

Community Service. In the form of berry picking and tatty howking. Neds would be too knackered to cause trouble.

When I was going into work there wasn't much traffic on the road but Dean Village and Carlton Hill were mobbed, hopefully the wet weather this week should help keep folk indoors and really suppress any virus spread.

24 minutes ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

For what it is worth, my dad, born in 1925, has said this is the worst thing he has ever lived through. I take it my cooking skills are worse than I thought.

Seriously though, that actually shocked me a bit. Maybe it's a bit more serious than than the most of us actually think it is.

It's all down to personal experience I suppose but I would have a tough time getting my head round this being worse than World War 2 

2 minutes ago, Henrik's tongue said:

Blairhill, Whifflet and Kirkwood.

1 minute ago, Todd_is_God said:

Whifflet, Blairhill and Kirkwood

Just now, GNU_Linux said:
9 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:
Coatbridge Central, Sunnyside and Coatdyke. What are the other three?

Blairhill, Kirkwood & Whifflet.

Awright guys, calm the f**k doon :P

33 minutes ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

For what it is worth, my dad, born in 1925, has said this is the worst thing he has ever lived through.

He probably said the same when Crossroads was cancelled tbf. I thought the same about Eldorado.

It's all down to personal experience I suppose but I would have a tough time getting my head round this being worse than World War 2 
No way this is worse than ww2. Everything was rationed then. You can get anything you want now you might just need to wait for it

I just had a look back at posts on this thread thread from exactly 2 months ago. I was hoping to see some hilarious posts from people saying the whole thing has been exaggerated and there's nothing to worry about, but that period seems to be around the time folk started to realise that shit was getting real.

Scotland had just played Italy in Rome during the 6 Nations and there were murmurings that the Olympics might be affected. Wunfelaff was behaving like a lunatic. A simpler time.

Whilst watching the news I realise things that annoy me in regards to the virus

* “community coming together”, eh definitely not in my town!

* “We’re in this together”

* Nurse/carers/old folk in dance videos 

*  Every other advert telling us the same shit we’ve heard for about 6 weeks now (wash hands etc)

* sanctimonious celebs having their say 

5 minutes ago, dysartrovers said:
15 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

No way this is worse than ww2. Everything was rationed then. You can get anything you want now you might just need to wait for it

Great times for making a bob on the black market, way better than bog rolls on ebay. Nylons anyone?