Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

The SFA/ SPFL/ UEFA have no say in the matter as the government will decide what can and can't be done.

If there are league matches and european matches happening elsewhere whilst our clubs sit doing nothing until a vaccine is readily available, the entire football structure here will collapse.

My workmate was telling me last week that the street where his daughter lives in Tollcross had an incident last week. A guy was having an argument with his missus/bird, he was on the pavement and she was at a first floor window. Somebody called the police, and the guy threatened to cough on them, so they steamed in and brought him to the ground. During the struggle though one of the officer's panic buttons must have been pushed, and within 5 minutes 7 other police vehicles showed up.

9 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Where did I say we would?

A couple of weeks ago we were discussing it and you said you expected it to be back to normal July:m/August and I was just checking you were still thinking that.

1 minute ago, throbber said:

A couple of weeks ago we were discussing it and you said you expected it to be back to normal July:m/August and I was just checking you were still thinking that.

I said I expected the season to kick off no more than a few weeks late, if late at all.

@Thereisalight.. is the one who mentioned crowds returning to stadiums, and he said September/October for that.

Happy to help.

My workmate was telling me last week that the street where his daughter lives in Tollcross had an incident last week. A guy was having an argument with his missus/bird, he was on the pavement and she was at a first floor window. Somebody called the police, and the guy threatened to cough on them, so they steamed in and brought him to the ground. During the struggle though one of the officer's panic buttons must have been pushed, and within 5 minutes 7 other police vehicles showed up.

Seems fair enough?
Always find it creepy when ‘journalists’ like the one in jagfox’s post put images up and its just full of their ‘journalist’ or ‘blogger’ pals offering opinions on the number of police resources turning up to an incident. Its awright jackie a fashion ‘influencer’ for glasgow live reckons theres too many police cars for an incident she doesnt know anything about they should get back to the office.

Seems fair enough?
Always find it creepy when ‘journalists’ like the one in jagfox’s post put images up and its just full of their ‘journalist’ or ‘blogger’ pals offering opinions on the number of police resources turning up to an incident. Its awright jackie a fashion ‘influencer’ for glasgow live reckons theres too many police cars for an incident she doesnt know anything about they should get back to the office.
Yep, was just highlighting the fact that it isn't always intentional for so many police to be there. There is also the factor that they aren't very busy at the moment.

Yep, was just highlighting the fact that it isn't always intentional for so many police to be there. There is also the factor that they aren't very busy at the moment.
Id argue to the contrary that they are very busy just now. Certain departments are changing their working practices etc to bolster the front line, but calls are still coming in, remember lockdown means people are spending more time in homes, potentially with an abuser that they’d previously been able to escape by going to work etc. Theres been imo a noticeable rise in domestic abuse.

Factor in that certain nhs departments are also scaling back, community mental health etc not sending cpn’s out means police are being increasingly sent to deal with these calls when it was previously only nhs. Members of the public also phoning increasing numbers of requests for ‘welfare checks’ with isolation etc meaning they feel unable to check on vulnerable members of their family and ask police to do so. So the demand is still there its just changing.

That plus everyone and their granny seems to be phoning the polis to report even the slightest infringement of the covid rules which ultimately has to be followed up.

There is zero chance that the FA / SPFL sit in limbo indefinitely if major leagues around Europe are playing games.

The incompetence of our reaction to the crisis means we quite probably will be. Things are worse here than anywhere except the USA. The rest of Europe will be back to normality (whatever that looks like) long before we are.

You might see EPL behind closed doors at a stretch. For the rest, and certainly for Scotland, as long as furlough exists we’ll be sitting it out.

Don’t know if this has been covered yet.

Coronavirus: UK only formally asked Turkey for PPE shipment help on Sunday - after telling Britons it was on its way

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-uk-only-formally-asked-turkey-for-ppe-shipment-after-it-said-it-was-already-on-its-way-11976238

14 minutes ago, Paco said:

You might see EPL behind closed doors at a stretch. For the rest, and certainly for Scotland, as long as furlough exists we’ll be sitting it out.

I'm not disagreeing with that...

7 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Good to see Boris has all this under control, from lying about PPE to using government channels to spread misinformation.

Leading from the front as well. 

What a leader.

What sort of predictive text turns c**t into leader?

19 minutes ago, Paco said:

Things are worse here than anywhere except the USA. The rest of Europe will be back to normality (whatever that looks like) long before we are.

In terms of new cases per day that is certainly true. At this particular moment. But nothing else. It's an incredibly fluid situation. Three weeks ago we were looking at those high figures across Europe, but we are now starting to see a reduction ourselves from reaching those same 'heights' over the last week. As those countries start to ease restrictions, a realistic timeline for us to potentially mirror those restrictions is about three weeks later.

In terms of cases / deaths per 1m population we are nowhere near the worst. You could argue that the cases figure will be skewed by not testing enough, but not the deaths.

Due to the way we allowed the disease to spread initially, there is a possibility those most susceptible to serious / fatal infections may have already succumbed to them, meaning any future "waves" would be less severe.

I'm not suggesting football be played here in May. I'm talking about football being played here, behind closed doors or otherwise, in 14-17 weeks.

Screenshot_20200421-092937_Opera.jpg

Screenshot_20200421-093003_Opera.jpg

Id quite enjoy it if the govt spent another 43 million on another hospital that wont be used.

Hospital capacity along with a coherent test, track and isolate strategy is key to getting out of this. More beds equals more possibility of normality.

Money well spent in the firdt instance and would be in a second or third too.

17 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Good to see Boris has all this under control, from lying about PPE to using government channels to spread misinformation.

Leading from the front as well. 

What a leader.

Another day, another rage from Meltdown Mullarkey. Is there anyone more perma-raging?

Better to have the extra hospital and not need it.

Than not to have the extra hospital and need it.

The lack of preparation with testing and ppe has been disgraceful though.