Coronavirus (COVID-19)

I used to follow and pay attention to laods of these political people on Twitter and now I don't and I don't feel any less informed or aware. 

12 new deaths in Scotland from Covid.

The Scottish figures break down into hospital / care home / home
How accurate they are is a different question
Also possible for England and Wales, but on about a 2 week delay. 90% of those registered by 3rd April were in a hospital.

3 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Us Jocks will be practically invincible then.

This is only my personal experience but after 14 years, in and out of offices and construction sites, used to get my fair share of cold, chest infections, etc.

Since, I have worked outdoors and been active for over 11 years , i rarely catch anything. There's alot to be said for vitamin D exposure from working outside, and its is still present on cloudy days but a little less so than when its sunny but it's still there.

Exposure to vitamin D and fresh air did help somewhat regards TB and the Spanish flu, before we had vaccines and anti viral treatments.

Anyway a nurse, informed me get your daily intake of vitamin C, D and zinc, and your immune system will be fortified. Zinc is especially good as a seek and destroy, anti viral. Maybe more learned people on here can advise further.

Edited by Father Ted

5 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

This is only my personal experience but after 14 years, in and out of offices and construction sites, used to get my fair share of cold, chest infections, etc.

Since, I have worked outdoors and been active for over 11 years , i rarely catch anything. There's alot to be said for vitamin D exposure from working outside, and its is still present on cloudy days but a little less so than when its sunny but it's still there.

Exposure to vitamin D and fresh air did help somewhat regards TB and the Spanish flu, before we had vaccines and anti viral treatments.

Anyway a nurse, informed me get your daily intake of vitamin C, D and zinc, and your immune system will be fortified. Zinc is especially good as a seek and destroy, anti viral. Maybe more learned people on here can advise further.

What do you do ?

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I think it's a stretch it accurately assess this period as meaning you can get by with less staff. Everything is different now. I cant think of a single business who will be operating so close to normality atm that they can say with any real conviction that they can make a big change in their model and run as well when things go back to normal.

None of this is to say some wont do it anyway. They will be stupid though, most likely

2 hours ago, WATTOO said:

I saw an piece on Euronews and they were talking about waiters serving with masks and gloves on, tables spaced out and additional cleaning, spraying and disinfecting going on. Personally I wouldn't find that in the least bit relaxing or enjoyable so I can understand why people aren't rushing back if that's the way it's going to be.

Hopefully people are much more hygienic after all of this. So many folk are disgusting minks who don't wash their hands after using the toilet and who are in general clatty scumbags.

This applies to places like pubs and restaurants as well. Hopefully they're a lot cleaner and better provisioned when it comes to things like hand wash in the toilets. In fact add in football grounds. There are some grounds where I take a small bottle of hand gel with me because I know that their toilets don't have any hand wash, or indeed warm water. Yes Somerset, I'm looking at you, but some of the more modern grounds can be just as guilty (hello Tannadice).

Edited by DA Baracus

Haven't seen much reference to this. The U.K.'s first instance of community transmission of the virus was March 1.  

Lockdown was announced on March 23rd.  NZ 's first case of community transmission was reported on March 24 the country went into full lockdown on March 27th.  Yet, the UK Govt. claiming that they weren't too slow in responding.  NZ easing lockdown measures next Monday for two weeks then reviewing the alert level at the end of that period. 

Scotland 8187 cases 902 deaths.

NZ  1440 cases 12 deaths.

1 hour ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Sounds like your wife is pretty exceptional, mate!

I have an English partner, who has always voted Tory. The same could be said for my ex wife  who is also English.  Both would say it was something to do with the way they were brought up, and the areas they were brought up in.

I don't really understand....

Sounds like someone's got a Tory fetish. I bet you cracked one off to that Thatcher pic a few pages back didn't you?

45 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

He was clearly following their trail to the web links etc.

I don't call that evidence.

The other bit you've quoted I wouldn't call evidence either. You are clearly just being obtuse for the sake of it though so I'm done here. 

4 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

A few smoggies I know, and use as a barometer for the mood in the North East of England have managed to turn Coronavirus into a race relations thing, claiming that it's only the daft immigrants that cant follow the rules, and even dropped the classic "your only not racist cos they havent reached your country yet" line.

Some boys the English.

The North East are a special breed.  Colleague of mine (Teesside resident) sat and told me this morning that Britain will be "booming" after this.  His theory is that nobody will go abroad for years, choosing to holiday in the UK, which would suit him ideal as he owns a holiday cottage in Whitby.  He also thinks the general public will support companies here by "buying British" to f**k the Chinese off. When I explained that the economic fallout could result in mass unemployment and and that money could be tight for several years, his response was "Boris will sort that out".   I walked away at that point.

Same man also said we shouldn't be repatriating British nationals from India, Pakistan and Bangladesh.  Now I wonder why specifically those countries and not the US, Australia etc...  

10 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Hopefully people are much more hygienic after all of this. So many folk are disgusting minks who don't wash their hands after using the toilet and who are in general clatty scumbags.

Including plenty of P&Bers - 

The other bit you've quoted I wouldn't call evidence either. You are clearly just being obtuse for the sake of it though so I'm done here. 

In fairness he is just following existing unproven threads and makes at least two incorrect statements. The first he puts a time frame as months when at best it was weeks and suggests the institute is in the vicinity of the wet market. The lab is nowhere close. It is well outside Wuhan.

Could there have been a contamination by accident, from the lab possibly, but its a wild statement at this moment in time with little credence.

However the fact that China released the genome sequence of the virus and it was concluded that it was not man made and the genome has now been replicated in the west and still no one is questioning the origin, I think it’s safe to assume, based on current scientific evidence that its bullshit.

15 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

An official government website being used to respond to a political attack.  That is as corrupt as f**k.

The government is responding through an official channel to a political attack and you think thats corrupt?  How would you prefer them to the respond?  Through a Civil Servants Facebook site?!?!?!  Surely responding through an official channel is the only way to deal with this??  Doesn't matter what your political bias is respond through an official channel.

Edited by greendot

Sounds like your wife is pretty exceptional, mate!
I have an English partner, who has always voted Tory. The same could be said for my ex wife  who is also English.  Both would say it was something to do with the way they were brought up, and the areas they were brought up in.
I don't really understand....

Her parents are both staunch Tories, I suppose it goes with the territory as they live in Sussex.
It’s a bit like Labour used to be up hear. Just stick a blue rosette on and they will vote for it.
They are not fans of Boris though and my father in law says he has been impressed with how Nicola has spoken recently, so there is hope!

7 minutes ago, Tight John McVeigh is a tit said:

In fairness he is just following existing unproven threads and makes at least two incorrect statements. The first he puts a time frame as months when at best it was weeks and suggests the institute is in the vicinity of the wet market. The lab is nowhere close. It is well outside Wuhan.

Could there have been a contamination by accident, from the lab possibly, but its a wild statement at this moment in time with little credence.

However the fact that China released the genome sequence of the virus and it was concluded that it was not man made and the genome has now been replicated in the west and still no one is questioning the origin, I think it’s safe to assume, based on current scientific evidence that its bullshit.

He shows a map showing how close proximity they are 🤔

Also the guy isn't claiming its man made either wtf has that got to do with anything. 

Edited by ArabianKnight

He shows a map showing how close proximity they are [emoji848] Also the guy isn't claiming its man made either wtf has that got to do with anything. 

It shows a map, yes, it shows two places, yes. However, it is not the Virology Lab in question.

The lab is 20 miles away as the crow flies.

eta: The correct location of the lab and the market pulled from Baidu. Logically it would take a huge amount of conspiracy to put such a lab in a heavily populated area.

IMG_2271.jpg