Coronavirus (COVID-19)

41 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

I've just had the pleasure of being tested, I think I may have part of the swab lodged in my brain after she rammed it so far up my nose.  Despite the PPE she was clearly a wid so not all bad.

I don't have any respiratory symptoms but after headaches, sore throat, muscle aches and a bit of a temp I left work early yesterday.   Could be just have a normal viral urti but will see though that is most likely.    Been a few folk off in my place but have all tested negative, but as we have seen about 30% of tests are coming back false negative.

Hopefully negative though and I can get back to work pronto.

Fingers crossed it’s not Covid and just a cold or something. Best wishes 

Edited by Jambomo
Abysmal typing

6 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

On a sidenote the lassie said say a big Aaah for the throat test bit.

Well I don't know what happened but I ended up making a noise like I was auditioning for a role in an opera.

Either that or it was the noise a constipated hyena would  make

I really shouldn't be let out the house.

Did it sound like this?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilhelm_scream

There's a wee clip of it.  Quite famous in films :lol:

2 hours ago, Crùbag said:

I actually agree with Findlay. ScotGov should've taken a different approach - we should have followed WHO guidelines and our closest Euro neighbours. My beef with Findlay is that I can't remember him saying this six weeks ago and it smacks of the usual Labour opportunism. 

I wouldn't group Findlay in with the usual suspects given that he's spent the last 4 months getting increasingly snide with Baillie and co. They hate him and it shows whenever they interact these days. I'm sad to see him go actually as he's one of the few active Labour MSPs that doesn't strike me as a careerist melt. 😅

No queue at Asda for the first time since this all started.
Either people are being sensible and not stockpiling food now or the virus has knocked off most people and there are only a few of us left.

Welcome to the other side. Im afraid to say the virus got you. As it turns out, heaven is a mildly entertaining football forum on the internet.

17 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I genuinely thought Tynierose was a woman for some reason.

Regret sending all those photos of my penis to you now.

He's just a bit of a fanny. Easy mistake to make. 

Why did you get tested? Did your work pay for it?

Yes, my work paid for it prior to going offshore.
Still waiting on the results, before I’m allowed to go tomorrow.

It was a drive up test station at a medical centre in cults, after which I had to drive straight to my hotel and isolate in my room. I’ve spent the last 3 days getting paid overtime, to order room service and w**k.

13 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Welcome to the other side. Im afraid to say the virus got you. As it turns out, heaven is a mildly entertaining football forum on the internet.

If this is heaven f**k knows what hell’s like.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12324872&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=nzh_fb&fbclid=IwAR2O7ECXSsEtU7xCSuT_i3sZIKdrt5mXlknrlS8fzUTrddU11mDmp7E3rL4

NZ PM announces  that she, all government ministers and Chief Executives of public sector organisations will take a  20% pay cut for the next six months.  UK govt gives a 10,000 quid payment to each MP for working from home... 

15 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

Yes, my work paid for it prior to going offshore.
Still waiting on the results, before I’m allowed to go tomorrow.

It was a drive up test station at a medical centre in cults, after which I had to drive straight to my hotel and isolate in my room. I’ve spent the last 3 days getting paid overtime, to order room service and w**k.

Posted this earlier

3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

BP showing their customary care for following health and safety best practice.

BP has confirmed that an oil worker who was tested for coronavirus before flying offshore had to be flown back after the results came back positive.

The worker flew to the Etap platform last week after undergoing a test in Aberdeen. BP says they were flown ashore on Saturday.

A total of 12 people who travelled with the worker are now self-isolating on the installation.

BP says the test was carried out under a temporary "test and fly" arrangement but it has now changed its procedures so workers' coronavirus test results are known before they fly offshore.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12324872&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=nzh_fb&fbclid=IwAR2O7ECXSsEtU7xCSuT_i3sZIKdrt5mXlknrlS8fzUTrddU11mDmp7E3rL4
NZ PM announces  that she, all government ministers and Chief Executives of public sector organisations will take a  20% pay cut for the next six months.  UK govt gives a 10,000 quid payment to each MP for working from home... 

It’s all about how you frame it. From the outset, she’s a PR star at the very least.