Coronavirus (COVID-19)

6 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Anyone think that £30 fines will deter the stupid and the selfish this weekend? 

Personally I think the recipients will wear it as a badge of honour, posting it on their FB page at the first opportunity.

Hopefully there’s something in the legislation that was passed that gives ministers the right to increase it significantly and that they will use those powers if the regulations are flouted this weekend to the extent that’s being forecast.

This might just be for England but I thought i saw on the bbc website that the £30 fine was for being caught out initially, and if you then got caught out again the fine would increase up to £600 or something like that.  I'll see if i can find that page again.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-police-chief-warns-those-who-flout-the-lockdown-they-could-be-arrested-11970921

Police have the powers to enforce the rules if people do not comply, including through fines and dispersing gatherings.

Under powers given to them by government legislation, if members of the public do not comply, police may:

• Instruct them to go home, leave an area or disperse
  • Ensure parents are taking necessary steps to stop their children breaking the rules
  • Issue a fixed penalty notice of £60, which will be lowered to £30 if paid within 14 days
  • Issue a fixed penalty notice of £120 for second time offenders, doubling on each further repeat offence

Edited by greendot

45 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Facebook is full of the thickest folk on earth & consequently the only good thing about Facebook is you can get things for cheap on marketplace.

Nonsense, Facebook is the place to be right now. Reading the arguments and grassing of neighbours has been a great support to me through these dark times 

4 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

Nonsense, Facebook is the place to be right now. Reading the arguments and grassing of neighbours has been a great support to me through these dark times 

2.5 billion people have Facebook accounts.  The number who are not thickos must be in the hundreds at least.

3 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

This.  I've got neighbours who are recording and timing how often/long people go out for.

Its bringing out the worst in some folk.

Guest Moomintroll
If only@philpy had grassed his neighbours up via Facebook.

4 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Who dies and where in Scotland. Couple of days out of date but the info will be released each Wednesday. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-52214177

I think the Scottish Government website is excellent for figures as it reports daily at 2pm: Number of reported cases, deaths, patients in ICU and management info such as number of 111 calls and NHS staff absences:

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-tests-and-cases-in-scotland/

Edited by betting competition

Today was the day I was meant to be going on my Easter holiday to Haggerston castle for 3 nights then Sheffield for 3 nights. Today we had planned to stop for a bit of lunch at North Berwick en route as well. It’s going to be a very difficult few days for me.

24 minutes ago, betting competition said:

I think the Scottish Government website is excellent for figures as it reports daily at 2pm: Number of reported cases, deaths, patients in ICU and management info such as number of 111 calls and NHS staff absences:

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-tests-and-cases-in-scotland/

Why is it so difficult for them to say how many new confirmed cases and how many tests conducted in that 24hr period? Why is the cumulative total considered so important? It's good they're providing quite a range of stats, but there's a lot of room for improvement if they genuinely value transparency.

Edited by bendan

1 minute ago, throbber said:

Today was the day I was meant to be going on my Easter holiday to Haggerston castle for 3 nights then Sheffield for 3 nights. Today we had planned to stop for a bit of lunch at North Berwick en route as well. It’s going to be a very difficult few days for me.

Sounds like the trip of a lifetime.

I am currently supporting the NHS by sending Mrs B out to do extra shifts for the cause, and making her the odd salad here and there. I dont see why I should have to do more than that.

Hope she’s repaying the favour and using the free Uber eats meals for nhs staff, to treat your good self.

Just now, MONKMAN said:

Hope she’s repaying the favour and using the free Uber eats meals for nhs staff, to treat your good self.

Never knew about that but dont think there are any in Falkirk... I will certainly investigate. Thank you sir. 

1 minute ago, Scary Bear said:

Sounds like the trip of a lifetime.

We did the same last Easter but went to Eyemouth instead of Haggerston. Getting notifications of it on my time hop just now.

273D444F-2558-4F55-AE3E-19C78A4F6081.gif

1 minute ago, throbber said:

We did the same last Easter but went to Eyemouth instead of Haggerston. Getting notifications of it on my time hop just now.

273D444F-2558-4F55-AE3E-19C78A4F6081.gif

You should have popped in for a cuppa

2 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

You should have popped in for a cuppa

If only I knew. I quite liked Eyemouth but the weather was poor last Easter if you remember correctly. Remember going for a pint at a pub that had a lift that took you upstairs.

7 minutes ago, throbber said:

We were supposed to be at Haggerston this weekend as well, we could've met for a pint. To think, a potential lifelong friendship ruined by this horrible virus.