Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 hours ago, Tynierose said:

Will accept the championship just to get through all this and back to normality.

I mentioned last week how the usual skivers are well skiving.  Got a Gp now isolating for a third time after claiming to have it, this time tested and quelle surprise negative.  Mind you this is the same fella that went sick for 2/12 after straining his shoulder stretching.

In other news my concern about regular Non Covid patients being pretty much left to their own devices seems to be happening with planned scans, procedures cancelled and of course the lack of capacity for us to see them in practice.   I was in my own practice today instead of the Covid unit and the volume of mental health calls was scary and again there is no real support available and patients are struggling.  We are doing our best but it isn't easy. 

The mrs was saying that critical care is of course rammed but there are some good success stories with patients rallying well despite struggling badly earlier in the week. 

Also on a plus side my chippy has arrived.

Keep your spirits up.

2 hours ago, Cyclizine said:

Some graphs if anyone's interested, knocked up by NHS Grampian (quite quickly, going by the typos). Interesting that Wales is showing the highest per capita rates in the UK. North Scotland so far relatively protected.

Screenshot_20200409-181736-01.jpeg

Screenshot_20200409-181750-01.jpeg

Screenshot_20200409-181807-01.jpeg

Screenshot_20200409-181759-01.jpeg

I'd like to move to Wales If those rates are comparable across countries. 

Some guy utterly furious on my local fb page that people weren't out clapping in his street. Pointed out that people can show appreciation in other ways, and that if we make it compulsory to clap we'll end up with a situation like the poppy stuff that goes on every year. 

Now he's accusing me of being a Celtic supporter 🤦‍♂️ This country 😫🔫 

Some guy utterly furious on my local fb page that people weren't out clapping in his street. Pointed out that people can show appreciation in other ways, and that if we make it compulsory to clap we'll end up with a situation like the poppy stuff that goes on every year. 
Now he's accusing me of being a Celtic supporter [emoji2357] This country [emoji31][emoji379] 
I had some eejit on fb, claiming we should have a Live Aid type concert for NHS.

Totally ignoring the fact our tax should be paying for it, and all the issues including austerity that are crippling it.

Morons, morons everywhere.

Loads of people clapping on my street, banging pots and some fireworks from the rougher types across the road.

I actually found it quite moving. Some of my neighbours are self isolating and one family has a member on a ventilator and receiving other life saving care with the virus, for them it was a chance to see their neighbours and they were shouting over and waving to the people across the street. It was nice for them, the impact of having so little social contact must be huge.

10 minutes ago, madwullie said:

Now he's accusing me of being a Celtic supporter 🤦‍♂️ This country 😫🔫 

LADbible on Twitter: "The rapper took to the stage with a huge ...

Did a wee token effort with my 86 year old father-in-law in our front garden. A Polish flag flying for 30 seconds as a GIRFUY to Trump to say we accept everyone in our NHS, just in case he was looking in at Lochee this evening...