Coronavirus (COVID-19)

30 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Surprising that with EVERYTHING being cancelled for the foreseeable, TRNSMT, Green Day, Guns n Roses and Gerry Cinnamon are all still scheduled for going ahead in Glasgow late June/July 

I'm all for Gerry Cinnamon and his fans getting seriously ill tbh.

48 minutes ago, Dunfermline Don said:

A friend of my wife had been boasting all over FB about the long walks and cycles they have been doing. Sometimes for around 2-3 hours.
They have now been at A&E with a fractured ankle due to over exercising!
What do some people not understand about the current advice!

My wife and I are members of an online Facebook page for parents of children with autism / additional needs. Essentially, if the area around the home is unsafe for exercising, we are allowed to drive short distances to exercise in a safer place. We haven't been doing this as we stay in a quiet cul-de-sac with green space nearby but some other parents in this group are. But there is one arse that's taking it too far and is away buggering up Sherrifmuir and Dumyat. Unbelievable.

7 minutes ago, Gaz said:

My wife and I are members of an online Facebook page for parents of children with autism / additional needs. Essentially, if the area around the home is unsafe for exercising, we are allowed to drive short distances to exercise in a safer place. We haven't been doing this as we stay in a quiet cul-de-sac with green space nearby but some other parents in this group are. But there is one arse that's taking it too far and is away buggering up Sherrifmuir and Dumyat. Unbelievable.

163DEA83-08BD-495B-A8F0-65FCE8B65A57.jpeg.3ea488cb7ba814c6cade1af2bc948f0d.jpeg

Sherrifmuir car park does have the look of somewhere that might go on tbf.

Edited by alta-pete

49 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Have you no local independent supermarkets handy that would do deliveries? We got a list through the door the other day with about 10 names on it (no Tesco/Asda/Sainsburys, all small independent shops), about 60% of them - maybe more - will do home deliveries.

We're already getting home deliveries (same day service if ordered in the morning) but this gives us more options.

Surely in a big place like Inverness there are any amount of independent shops available who would do home deliveries?

Good idea, I'll check it out but there's only a few small Polish independents here, unless someone from up here has a suggestion. As it happens I've just got s slot at Morrisons for a week tomorrow, so I'm pretty well sorted.

I totally empathise with your situation. I am a support worker with autistic adults and we are now restricted to leaving the house only once during the day,whether it’s shopping or for a walk. It can be difficult for them to understand why other activities that they would have done are not now happening or when they are likely to start again.

9 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Good idea, I'll check it out but there's only a few small Polish independents here, unless someone from up here has a suggestion. As it happens I've just got s slot at Morrisons for a week tomorrow, so I'm pretty well sorted.

No Spar, Nisa, Eurospar, that sort of thing? No butchers?

The bottom line is that countries such as Portugal, Spain, Greece, Malta & Cyprus all rely heavily on tourism, they will do everything they can to have their countries reopen for business as soon as is deemed safe to do so and they'll also ensure that there's a seamless yet safe method of entry and exit at their ports and borders.
I agree but that ain't going to be this summer imo.

11 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Coronavirus  has caused  a delay to the updated emoji launch!

https://www.standard.co.uk/tech/new-2021-emoji-delayed-coronavirus-a4411411.html

Are you 😀 or 😪?

Is there no end to the deprivations we are going to have to suffer?

7 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

No Spar, Nisa, Eurospar, that sort of thing? No butchers?

Scotmids and a few bakers and butchers but I haven't heard of any of them doing deliveries. I'll look into it though.

P.S. Just found out Harry Gow, a big local bakery chain are doing deliveries, including Dream Rings mmmmm.