Coronavirus (COVID-19)

3 hours ago, Boostin' Kev said:

Easter weekend next week that's a potential 4/5 dayer in the cells for some boys. Makes home lockdown sneaking out now and again seem easy. 

There's a Saturday court at Easter so people don't have to stay in cells for 4 days before being seen in court.

Due to the epidemic local courts are currently shut and business transferred to "hub" courts. For example if you get lifted in West Lothian you'll appear in Edinburgh rather than at Livingston.

Be pure. Be vigilant. Behave.

24 minutes ago, yoda said:

Where's this "talk"? Most of the reports I've seen on the news are just assuming that the lockdown will be continued, despite the "three week review". The only people who seem to think it'll be lifted any time soon are the Facebook Ma and Facebook Da who assumed that the government's three week review meant an actual three week lockdown.

We'll be in lockdown until at least the start of June. When it is lifted, it'll be very slow and methodical. Pubs and restaurants are not going to be open by the middle of June. And people can forget about holidays given the well documented spread of imported cases in places like China and Singapore. Social distancing is still going to be in place even when the lockdown is slowly lifted.

I could be wrong, but I probably won't be. Buckle the f**k up and settle down for many more weeks and months of this; there might be brief moments when restrictions are lifted but they'll be temporary. 

@Todd_is_God Said the football season would start back In August with stadiums packed full.

4 minutes ago, H Wragg said:

B, b, but Jet2 have said they're starting back up on 17th June.....

No one will be leaving this country this year on holiday. I reckon by this time next year there will be strict conditions getting into other countries. Health safety certificates will need to be produced for countries like America. It's mental getting in there at the best of times.

I have no idea how travel companies will survive this.

26 minutes ago, yoda said:

Where's this "talk"? Most of the reports I've seen on the news are just assuming that the lockdown will be continued, despite the "three week review". The only people who seem to think it'll be lifted any time soon are the Facebook Ma and Facebook Da who assumed that the government's three week review meant an actual three week lockdown.

We'll be in lockdown until at least the start of June. When it is lifted, it'll be very slow and methodical. Pubs and restaurants are not going to be open by the middle of June. And people can forget about holidays given the well documented spread of imported cases in places like China and Singapore. Social distancing is still going to be in place even when the lockdown is slowly lifted.

I could be wrong, but I probably won't be. Buckle the f**k up and settle down for many more weeks and months of this; there might be brief moments when restrictions are lifted but they'll be temporary. 

Don't think you're wrong, early June might even be a tad ambitious, England's actual death rate will be running at 15,000 or more by the end of Easter and they'll still be in the plateau. 

3 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

The first case of this virus was reported in Wuhan on 1st January. 

There's no possibility that this existed in Scotland earlier than that, no matter how ill people were. 

I’m past the stage of believing any reports from Wuhan. It is possible to have been in the UK mid to late Jan though 

1 hour ago, yoda said:

When you say “in lockdown until at least the start of June” I assume you mean all non-essential businesses being closed until then.  If you do I think you’re wrong.

4 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

The first case of this virus was reported in Wuhan on 1st January. 

There's no possibility that this existed in Scotland earlier than that, no matter how ill people were. 

I very much doubt there would have been cases in Scotland in 2019, but Wuhan is widely believed to have had cases in December, and probably back to November.

41 minutes ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

No one will be leaving this country this year on holiday. I reckon by this time next year there will be strict conditions getting into other countries. Health safety certificates will need to be produced for countries like America. It's mental getting in there at the best of times.

"No, that's just the doctor's bad handwriting on the certificate. It definitely says diarrhoea and not gonorrhoea..."