Coronavirus (COVID-19)

19 minutes ago, Thane of Cawdor said:

Polarised views on the prospect of Johnson shuffling off his mortal coil. The saintly minority on here see things like John Donne:

any mans death diminishes me,
because I am involved in Mankinde;
And therefore never send to know for whom
the bell tolls; It tolls for thee.

The less than saintly majority think this is metaphysical shite and that Johnson is, as he admitted to Eddie Mair, "a nasty piece of work". But that's just his character deficiencies and they don't affect me. His politics however, do affect me and mine to some extent, and many others to a much worse extent. He's a glib amoral person who has lied about anything and everything to get his own way whether in personal relationships or in assuming the highest political office. It's gratuitously nasty to wish death on anyone, but if Johnson is headed to the Underworld it certainly wouldn't cause me any grief.

Think you’ve killed the thread mate. 

2 hours ago, Jambomo said:

I always hate it when people talk about getting better from a serious illness as “being a fighter” or “is fighting hard”. It’s bollocks, getting better isn’t a matter of fighting, it’s a matter of medicine and biology.  Does it mean if you die, that you just didn’t try hard enough? Bullshit. 

eta - Sorry watching Dominic Raab’s press conference.

I'm confused.  They said we need to fight this virus and gloves will help.

I've got the best pair of boxing gloves I could find.

Have I got it wrong? 

Guest Moomintroll
Have I got it wrong? 
Not really, if anyone gets closer than 2 metres then sparkle them, the gloves will be invaluable at that point.

14 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

Have I got it wrong? 

Well, I can’t imagine you’ll be touching your face with them on, so they’ll probably help 😂

2 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
15 minutes ago, Fullerene said:
Have I got it wrong? 

Not really, if anyone gets closer than 2 metres then sparkle them, the gloves will be invaluable at that point.

Pleased to report a lack of any clapping or cheering round here.

22 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

Have I got it wrong? 

Not at all. I’ve heard of people who wear them around the house all the time. 

15 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
27 minutes ago, Fullerene said:
Have I got it wrong? 

The gloves aren't going to help him.   I think there's a difference between bare bum boxing and the real thing.  

I work in social care and some of our staff went on a short training session for home care as they are on their knees with staff sickness levels, they were told that when going into a client’s house they were to ask them to take a deep breath and if they coughed then not to go in. Surely this is made up on the back of a fag packet bollocks. I don’t want them putting themselves in danger if it can be avoided.

On 22 January 2020 at 05:52, ICTChris said:

Authorities in China have warned that a new coronoavirus that has killed nine people could mutate further and cause more deaths.  The virus, known also as 2019-nCoV, is understood to be a new strain of coronavirus that has not previously been identified in humans.  Signs of infection include respiratory symptoms, fever, cough, shortness of breath and breathing difficulties.

Have any P&Bers ever been part of a worldwide pandemic?

Think the Junior forum has a few old timers on it, could try there.

4 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Unsurprising given we have the shittest government and the biggest percentage of single IQ'd simpletons per capita in the continent. 

11 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

I said this weeks ago and took my usual power of abuse.

We have a government of clowns and an entitled thick population.

Just now, Marshmallo said:

I said this weeks ago and took my usual power of abuse.

We have a government of clowns and an entitled thick population.

Absolutely. 

Scotland's numbers surely per population are one of the worst in the world? Nearly 300 dead compared to Ireland, Norway, Denmark, Slovakia.

Either lots of people are home-baking or, as I suspect, a lot of people bought flour, yeast etc with the intention of baking and now have these items sitting at the back of their store cupboards.

Seen some plain flour in Sainsburys but nothing anywhere else. I'm using it as I have a bread maker but down to my last half-bag of bread flour.
Yeast is the only item that's been rationed in Italian supermarkets.

13 minutes ago, moniton said:

I work in social care and some of our staff went on a short training session for home care as they are on their knees with staff sickness levels, they were told that when going into a client’s house they were to ask them to take a deep breath and if they coughed then not to go in. Surely this is made up on the back of a fag packet bollocks. I don’t want them putting themselves in danger if it can be avoided.

Sounds a bit like like it's based off the debunked "Chinese doctor failsafe test to see if you have covid" from a month or so ago. I'm no expert kind you, and covid does make you cough and struggle to breathe.