Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Until now, I did not know that IDS was Scottish.

Christ, that's embarrassing.

When we get Independence we can strip him of his nationality.

Or shoot him in the head.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Doesn’t make up for the seven people you murdered imo.

They were probably Tory c***** and related to Boris Johnson, so that'll put him up in your estimation.

7 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Clearly they don’t believe the older generation can be vegetarian! 

I'd have preferred @Jacksgranda 's Ulster Fry ingredients myself, along with some eggs. Think the list is just a guide to what I might get though. 

25 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I'd have preferred @Jacksgranda 's Ulster Fry ingredients myself, along with some eggs. Think the list is just a guide to what I might get though. 

We may have got eggs, too. We also got 2 toilet rolls

1 hour ago, Jambomo said:

I always hate it when people talk about getting better from a serious illness as “being a fighter” or “is fighting hard”. It’s bollocks, getting better isn’t a matter of fighting, it’s a matter of medicine and biology.  Does it mean if you die, that you just didn’t try hard enough? Bullshit. 

eta - Sorry watching Dominic Raab’s press conference.

Yeah all those people that have died from Covid-19 clearly just didn't fight hard enough, but our Boris is made from stronger stuff. Totally misses the point that a number of younger, stronger & far fitter people than Boris have arleady died of this so your battling qualities maybe don't count?

Though to be fair, if you end up in intensive care they give you oxygen or put you on a ventilator to help your lungs work while your body fights off the virus. Right now they can't do anything to treat it other than keep you going.

1 hour ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:
1 hour ago, Jambomo said:
I always hate it when people talk about getting better from a serious illness as “being a fighter” or “is fighting hard”. It’s bollocks, getting better isn’t a matter of fighting, it’s a matter of medicine and biology.  Does it mean if you die, that you just didn’t try hard enough? Bullshit. 

eta - Sorry watching Dominic Raab’s press conference.

Something which also boils my piss. I was diagnosed with cancer. I did not "fight" or "battle" it. I put myself in the hands of the NHS who, y'know, have the skills and knowledge to fix this kind of thing. Turns out to have been a good choice.

Palliative care doctor told us she hated the use of the word battle when it came to cancer, as its not something you can fight, you can try and treat it with certain medicines/treatment, but even then it can always come back. Plus it reinforces the idea that you've not fought hard enough if it ends up killing you.

If you clap for PM Johnson tonight, your clap for me and my NHS colleagues last week was just an empty smack in the face.

New Zealand locked down early, followed the WHO’s extensive testing advice and have so far suffered only ONE fatality.
Our government and it's incompetent leadership chose a different approach.
An approach that has resulted in 5373 deaths, including multiple NHS staff.

The last time Johnson and the Conservatives clapped for me, they were cheering a pay cap for nurses.

Just stay the f**k inside.
#COVID19

Polarised views on the prospect of Johnson shuffling off his mortal coil. The saintly minority on here see things like John Donne:

any mans death diminishes me,
because I am involved in Mankinde;
And therefore never send to know for whom
the bell tolls; It tolls for thee.

The less than saintly majority think this is metaphysical shite and that Johnson is, as he admitted to Eddie Mair, "a nasty piece of work". But that's just his character deficiencies and they don't affect me. His politics however, do affect me and mine to some extent, and many others to a much worse extent. He's a glib amoral person who has lied about anything and everything to get his own way whether in personal relationships or in assuming the highest political office. It's gratuitously nasty to wish death on anyone, but if Johnson is headed to the Underworld it certainly wouldn't cause me any grief.

32 minutes ago, s_dog said:

Yeah all those people that have died from Covid-19 clearly just didn't fight hard enough, but our Boris is made from stronger stuff.

Anything less than this pathetic 'he's a fighter' nonsense wouldn't fit the Churchillian narrative that seems to have been building up around him for many months.