Coronavirus (COVID-19)

See all this fucking shite about “oooh Boris is in hospital who’s running the country. Is Raab the pyab making the decisions, oooh”
As if any of these useless c***s are capable of making any decision individually.
Same goes for that bullshit meme about Calderwood getting the CMO job ahead of an epidemiologist.

Like the CMO doesnt have access to all of these people to get their opinion.

1 minute ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

See all this fucking shite about “oooh Boris is in hospital who’s running the country. Is Raab the pyab making the decisions, oooh”

As if any of these useless c***s are capable of making any decision individually.

It’s always “strong leadership by x, y or z” when folk want to take credit and “collective responsibility” when everyone wants to avoid blame.

No-one wants to be in the driving seat at this time.  Health issues aside, Johnson must be livid that he finally got the top job only to have to deal with this absolute shitstorm.

15 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

I always hate it when people talk about getting better from a serious illness as “being a fighter” or “is fighting hard”. It’s bollocks, getting better isn’t a matter of fighting, it’s a matter of medicine and biology.  Does it mean if you die, that you just didn’t try hard enough? Bullshit. 

eta - Sorry watching Dominic Raab’s press conference.

This. Fighter, warrior, inspiration etc. Fucking hate them all. 

On 22/01/2020 at 14:58, Melanius Mullarkey said:

You should buy a Rab jacket to cheer yourself up.

03C74D1B-81FC-4CA3-A235-7B01871BF4AF.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

1000+ pages and we've gone full Rab/Raab.

15 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

I always hate it when people talk about getting better from a serious illness as “being a fighter” or “is fighting hard”. It’s bollocks, getting better isn’t a matter of fighting, it’s a matter of medicine and biology.  Does it mean if you die, that you just didn’t try hard enough? Bullshit. 

eta - Sorry watching Dominic Raab’s press conference.

Christopher Hitchens put it well.

Unfortunately, it also involves confronting one of the most appealing clichés in our language. You’ve heard it all right. People don’t have cancer: they are reported to be battling cancer. No well-wisher omits the combative image: You can beat this. It’s even in obituaries for cancer losers, as if one might reasonably say of someone that they died after a long and brave struggle with mortality. You don’t hear it about long-term sufferers from heart disease or kidney failure.

Myself, I love the imagery of struggle. I sometimes wish I were suffering in a good cause, or risking my life for the good of others, instead of just being a gravely endangered patient. Allow me to inform you, though, that when you sit in a room with a set of other finalists, and kindly people bring a huge transparent bag of poison and plug it into your arm, and you either read or don’t read a book while the venom sack gradually empties itself into your system, the image of the ardent soldier or revolutionary is the very last one that will occur to you. You feel swamped with passivity and impotence: dissolving in powerlessness like a sugar lump in water.

https://www.vanityfair.com/culture/2010/09/hitchens-201009

Either lots of people are home-baking or, as I suspect, a lot of people bought flour, yeast etc with the intention of baking and now have these items sitting at the back of their store cupboards.

Seen some plain flour in Sainsburys but nothing anywhere else. I'm using it as I have a bread maker but down to my last half-bag of bread flour.

8 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Just be glad it's not Gove or IDS. Why are the 2 biggest c***s in the Tory party from Scotland?

3 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

He'd stopped the Rab jacket shite. Why did you have to remind him of it? He'll be going on about electric blankets and green jeans again soon.

Got a new electric blanket quite recently actually.

Takes the chill off of an evening.

2 hours ago, WATTOO said:

Funnily enough, I've seen people out running and walking recently who I've never seen in my life before. They apparently DO live in my avenue but it seems that they're now wanting to go out because they can't where before they didn't want to because they could.

Human nature, you couldn't write it.

Do you really have an objection to this? Why?

Maybe they used to drive to the gym, the swimming pool, fitness classes at the leisure centre or at work. Maybe they used to work or run for part of their commute. Maybe they used to go further away and walk or run in bigger hills or the countryside.

Maybe they're nowhere near as busy as usual and now have enough time in daylight hours to get some exercise. Maybe getting out of the house for a while is the highlight of their day, and why wouldn't it be? It's the highlight of mine.

All the extra exercise that people are getting is an unalloyed, unobjectionable good thing, especially if they're driving less too. It's a silver lining.

My observation about human nature in this is that it's really weird to complain about people exercising more, but that's in some folks' nature.

2 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Maybe they used to drive to the gym, the swimming pool, fitness classes at the leisure centre or at work. Maybe they used to work or run for part of their commute. Maybe they used to go further away and walk or run in bigger hills or the countryside.

Maybe they're nowhere near as busy as usual and now have enough time in daylight hours to get some exercise. Maybe getting out of the house for a while is the highlight of their day, and why wouldn't it be? It's the highlight of mine.

All the extra exercise that people are getting is an unalloyed, unobjectionable good thing, especially if they're driving less too. It's a silver lining.

My observation about human nature in this is that it's really weird to complain about people exercising more, but that's in some folks' nature.

Please stop being so reasonable, it is very irritating.

How the f**k did these journalists get classified as essential workers.
Same shite question, time after time , day after day.
Surely to f**k they can ask something that the govt or experts could give a true answer on.
They now have the ability to follow up non answers and they still cant get it right.
Oh for some german ss interrogators or the like.
Even agent jethro gibs ffs.

6 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Got a new electric blanket quite recently actually.

Takes the chill off of an evening.

Did you get rid of the ones that electrocute you when you pish the bed on Gumtree?

Heres where I am with Boris, whilst attempting to avoid anything crass.

He is a man who has been at the heart of Conservative who have inflicted many years of austerity on the UK. We now know that it was an ideological austerity borne out of political/class beliefs.

If anyone doesnt think that among the data gathered prior to implementation included excess deaths and impoverishment rates then that person is deluded.

So with all of that being said, I probably carry about as much respect for Boris' life as he and his kind do for others which is, not a great deal. Collateral damage up to and including death is something he has stood behind for over a decade in the pursuit of political agenda.

Do I specifically wish him to be dead? No.

Will I bat an eyelid anymore than any other person taken too early due to covid.... No.
Absolutely fair. I'm a little bit pettier, and my ideal scenario, with a nod to those who see the death penalty as an easy option compared to life in jail, is:

1. Johnson recovers.
2. He is found to be involved in a scandal that even his network of old boys see as beyond the pale*, and cast adrift, losing his position, his reputation(!), and any chance of employment of a type he is used to.
3. Channel 4 run a documentary series which proves that no, you can't get out of poverty by hard work. The episode where he is sanctioned for being a minute late to an interview breaks all viewing records.
4. A second series shows that no, the homeless aren't all drug users and con men with suburban semis who commute for their daily beg. The last series' record figure is broken as viewers watch Johnson being set on fire by Oxford students after a night on the piss.
5. Channel 5 take over the gig - f**k knows where they will take it, but it won't be pretty.

Agree with everything you said but you missed out the pub. I'm going for a walk now but I would more than likely just pop in for a couple of pint if I could

16 minutes ago, superbigal said:

How the f**k did these journalists get classified as essential workers.
Same shite question, time after time , day after day.
Surely to f**k they can ask something that the govt or experts could give a true answer on.
They now have the ability to follow up non answers and they still cant get it right.
Oh for some german ss interrogators or the like.
Even agent jethro gibs ffs.

Hey Rabb, when the f**k is Dyson supplying the 10,000 ventilators?