Coronavirus (COVID-19)

3 hours ago, AFCDannyFTH said:

Does dying in office grant you a state funeral? 

No. Only rarely does anyone other than a monarch get a state funeral. The last state funeral was in 1965, for Churchill.

Alongside Churchill, the only other prime ministers to get state funerals were Gladstone, Palmerston and Wellington.

Thatcher was offered a state funeral before her death but declined. Disraeli's estate declined an offer of a state funeral from Gladstone. Both had ceremonial funerals instead - same as Diana and the Queen Mother.

Can't believe we're having this discussion.

4 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Through a tennis raquet.

The woman is 7 months pregnant with her first child, her partner is the prime minister of a country at a time of unparalleled emergency and he's in intensive care with the disease that caused the emergency.

There's a way to be a person, and I don't think slagging that woman's appearance on the internet is the way to do it.

11 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

As a teen, I was on a night out in Dunfermline. Met a couple of student nurses who were both 23. They let me finger them at the same time. That was really nice of them. Great bunch of lasses. 

Indeed, reinforces the fact that there are only three certainties in life, death, taxes and student nurses.

57 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Thatcher was offered a state funeral before her death but declined.

I think I'd have to do the same - it would just feel too strange. Then again, at least you'd definitely know who bothered to show up. 

Boris Johnson and his party implemented measures that led to the deaths of over 100k people, due to their ideological hatred of the poor. I couldn’t give two fucks if the racist fuckwit dies.

Anyway, back on topic.... Sarah Gray Rafferty

91B5C8D7-89BC-4469-A2E1-C758FFC37D7D-8514-000003E062C3C85F.jpg