Coronavirus (COVID-19)

4 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

Can see this thread going on lockdown at some point in the near future.

Yep. Opinions are a dangerous thing these days. We need to silence anybody who doesn't say what the government considers socially acceptable views.

Aquietvoice, Duchy, United Kingdom, less than a minute ago

As the Union Jack flies in the face of all this turmoil over the uk, you represent the UK, you have given us the UK back. We will fight for you too. Come on Boris feel the strength of this nation behind you. Carrie you are in our thoughts too. This is also not only Boris and carries fight but thousands of families too, we are a kingdom united. We send love and support to you all.

Daily Mail comments, do these people actually exist in the UK ?

2 hours ago, alta-pete said:

Ya bassa. One of my back catalogue that I was intending drip feeding into the system at some future date to help save some lives!! 

Back catalogue?? What the actual f**k mate. People are dropping like flies. Get them posted before c***s miss them 😡 🤬 

Just now, Granny Danger said:

A trawl of the politics thread will expose a lot of hypocrisy and revisionism.  

Not really.  I hate the tories and probably have wished every single member of that party harm.  But when it comes down to it we do have empathy.  He is clearly very ill and anyone dying to this is horrible regardless of who they are in politics.

Guest Moomintroll
Yep. Opinions are a dangerous thing these days. We need to silence anybody who doesn't say what the government considers socially acceptable views.
Polarised opinions will come to the fore & the shite will start. Jamama has the right idea about it. We could do without a power vacuum in the Majority Government Party at this moment in time right enough, alongside my more human concerns.

28 minutes ago, philpy said:

Folk bringing politics into it, as expected. The guy's fiancee is pregnant FFS, I Hope he pulls through so he can be fit and healthy when the kid arrives.

Exactly.

I hope everyone who gets it pulls through, I know they won't but I hope as many as possible are enabled to survive by the treament they receive.

2 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Aquietvoice, Duchy, United Kingdom, less than a minute ago

As the Union Jack flies in the face of all this turmoil over the uk, you represent the UK, you have given us the UK back. We will fight for you too. Come on Boris feel the strength of this nation behind you. Carrie you are in our thoughts too. This is also not only Boris and carries fight but thousands of families too, we are a kingdom united. We send love and support to you all.

Daily Mail comments, do these people actually exist in the UK ?

You might think not, some are like trollbots, but I lived in Somerset for 10 years and listened to folk chatting on the bus, in shop queues, in pubs etc.

They walk among us.

On 04/04/2020 at 01:10, GordonS said:

I only see Kincardine's tweets when someone replies to him. He really is an omnishambles.

That thing about scientists predicting an ice age in the 70s is an absolute myth that zoomers tell each other to justify their anti-scientific drivel.

I missed this wee gem last week.  Of course there was discussion of global cooling in the 1970s.  Was widely reported on TV and newspapers and for you to say my recollection was, 'an absolute myth' shows you just how desperate you are to be right.

Poor show.

ice age.JPG

Edited by The_Kincardine