Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Folk bringing politics into it, as expected. The guy's fiancee is pregnant FFS, I Hope he pulls through so he can be fit and healthy when the kid arrives.

Sorry Philpy, but him & his ilk are responsible for thousands of deaths through their entirely ideological practices of austerity. If that’s come back to bite his arse. Not sure why I should be concerned about him. His pregnant fiancée knows exactly what he’s like so should be able to deal with it, as she’s a heartless cow if she knows his politics & still got pregnant by him.
His unborn child, I feel slightly sorry for, but let’s face it, most of his children don’t see their dad and he’s still alive!

3 minutes ago, Mastermind said:

Imagine being so frothing at the mouth about politics that you actually hope someone dies. What a ‘journey’ the cybernats are on. Delicious. 

Bad time for you to have a bout of that debilitating cringe you suffer from.

18 minutes ago, LincolnHearts said:

loved ones in an intensive care unit with this disease.

Nobody gets to see family in ICU with this disease. 

You didn’t think it was real before now?

Obviously it pretty fucking serious but this has just raised the stakes massively.
Well if you don't bring politics into it then it's only as newsworthy as any of the other thousand folk in his position.
He's the prime minister ffs.

You can separate that from his politics and understand this is a pretty major development.

8 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Quoted by mistake. 

10 minutes ago, philpy said:

Folk bringing politics into it, as expected. The guy's fiancee is pregnant FFS, I Hope he pulls through so he can be fit and healthy when the kid arrives.

This ^ 

53 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

My hay fever has officially begun. From now until September-ish, I'll henceforth be contemplating whether I have hay fever or coronavirus on a daily basis. 

I'm dreading the next few months, honestly its allergies - no coronavirus...

2 hours ago, alta-pete said:

@Shandon Par

is that you, Renton and Mrs Par on Portybelly Beach currently featuring on Reporting Scotland? 

510CE1F5-940E-4CA3-88E5-08A7FCAD5500.jpeg

The new romantics live on...

9 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Going by some here you'd think he was Pol Pot, Stalin and Hitler rolled into one.

I don't particularly like the man, his party or his politics but I wouldnt wish this bloody awful virus on anyone.

Right.  As far as Conservative party politicians go, he's far from the worst.  I'm pretty far removed from him politically, but  I wish him well and hope he pulls through.

9 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

The recent financial bailout showed that the whole austerity policy wasn’t driven by economic necessity but was politically motivated.

It is a policy that has led to real suffering particularly amongst the most vulnerable.  

If Johnson, Gove, Raab, Patel and the rest of them dropped dead tomorrow I wouldn’t shed a single tear.

Neither would I. But I don't hate anybody so much that i'd want them to die. I'd just be indifferent to it.

6 minutes ago, LincolnHearts said:

.....or in the funeral home. Arse.

He's got a good chance of getting through this. My mate got out of ICU today into high dependency.

Not sure what the bolded word is about?

I don’t think it’s a case of “loads of people on here wishing death upon him” I think it’s a case of loads of people on here don’t care if he dies.
That's an important distinction.

The first is pretty immature and callous and the second is absolutely fine.

8 minutes ago, Mastermind said:

Imagine being so frothing at the mouth about politics that you actually hope someone dies. What a ‘journey’ the cybernats are on. Delicious. 

This is by the far the closest thing to "frothing" I've seen about this. Settle yourself.

I'm with Jamamafegan on this. It wouldn't bring me any satisfaction but I wouldn't be any more cut about it than for the other 70,000 victims of this. Less so actually, because I don't know any of them to be total knobs.