Coronavirus (COVID-19)

11 minutes ago, throbber said:

Well let’s hope you are right then. 

The lockdown isn’t going to just be lifted one day with everything going back to normal, it will be a slow case of starting certain sectors of employment back up with social distancing measures in place and new cases/deaths being closely monitored in the hopes there isn’t a massive spike and our health service gets overrun. Considering it takes 2 weeks to show symptoms and up to a month to die from the virus then it’s going to take a long time to get every industry safely up and running again and allowing 60 thousand people to congregate in a football stadium is about the last thing that is going to be allowed to happen. I am not being even remotely hysterical here, but I do hope I’m proved wrong.

I'm on my 5th week out of the office. I had  week working down South and had a close encounter with the virus but didn't seem to get it. I was told to stay away from the 16th and have worked from home since. It's brilliant and I hope I never clap eyes on most of my colleagues ever again. I'm sure the feeling is mutual.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

Well let’s hope you are right then. 

The lockdown isn’t going to just be lifted one day with everything going back to normal, it will be a slow case of starting certain sectors of employment back up with social distancing measures in place and new cases/deaths being closely monitored in the hopes there isn’t a massive spike and our health service gets overrun. Considering it takes 2 weeks to show symptoms and up to a month to die from the virus then it’s going to take a long time to get every industry safely up and running again and allowing 60 thousand people to congregate in a football stadium is about the last thing that is going to be allowed to happen. I am not being even remotely hysterical here, but I do hope I’m proved wrong.
Cant see there being any normal open football games this year tbh.

Perhaps premiership closed door.

Building sites still open.  Builders Merchants in England closed and were told they should reopen.
Builders merchant near my work closed but a plant hire place still open.
Which building as sites are open in Dundee?

All the developments around the Ballumbie Golf Course and Clearwater areas are closed as far as I can see.

1 minute ago, D.A.F.C said:

Cant see there being any normal open football games this year tbh.

Perhaps premiership closed door.

Can’t see it realistically happening given the current timeframe of events, certainly not at the start of the 20/21 season anyway. Maybe we are both just being hysterical though?

13 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Which building as sites are open in Dundee?

All the developments around the Ballumbie Golf Course and Clearwater areas are closed as far as I can see.

Not talking about Dundee, not necessarily even Scotland.  But in England certainly still ongoing.

Just now, Brother Blades said:

IMG_7199.jpg

Shandon Par spoke about this before, I’m pretty sure he said he was 14 at the time which makes these lovely lassies paedophiles. Really cool story though. 

14 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

My hay fever has officially begun. From now until September-ish, I'll henceforth be contemplating whether I have hay fever or coronavirus on a daily basis. 

Been feeling it coming on the last couple of days, no doubt due to the amount of time spent drinking in the garden. Stocked up on antihistamines earlier on....thankfully there hasn't been a run on them...

You could sense that the government statements earlier were likely bullshit, but why on earth were they just pretending everything was fine and Johnson was still leading the country when he is clearly very unwell? 

Shambolic stuff. Just be honest about it. 

Just now, Michael W said:

You could sense that the government statements earlier were likely bullshit, but why on earth were they just pretending everything was fine and Johnson was still leading the country when he is clearly very unwell? 

Shambolic stuff. Just be honest about it. 

I don't agree, for one thing it does nobody any good to think his condition is bad unless there's good reason to - as there is now. If he was worse than we were being told - and that's a total presumption, he may have deteriorated recently - I wouldn't blame them for lying about it at all.