Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, Raven said:

I’m pleased to see that.  They’ll get flak anyway but it’s good to see them putting their hands up and accepting they were wrong.

1 minute ago, Shandon Par said:

They do look like modern Porty types. 

This is me getting out of the water at Porty beach one new year’s day. 

EACF1A08-2E4A-4794-AD0D-75B330355B94.jpeg

Your hair looks like it’s been coloured onto that photo with a felt pen.

2 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Your hair looks like it’s been coloured onto that photo with a felt pen.

Was just thinking “have I been on the Just For Men?”. Then I remembered that was about six years ago and I still had dark fuzzy hair.

7 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Ffs it's the public sector get a grip.
Job description for the body counter says monday to friday 37.5 hours.
Flexitime does not help the figures either.
f**k knows what happens when hes on his holidays.

If they're on standard civil service contracts, it's actually 37 hours greggy.png 

Not all construction sites closed, or even suppliers, my step dad still needs to go to norboard in Cowie to make MDF for B & Q, as they a essential service apparently and that from his union boss! as the managers and office staff self isolation at home, Nicola needs to be more clear here!

No she doesn’t. As far as I know, only Northern Ireland has mandated them to be closed. Here, as in England, it’s at the will of the site operators. They can close if they want to.

1 minute ago, dirty dingus said:

My mates a site agent and he's back at work on Tuesday and it's a renovation job in the city, so 'd guess non essential.

It’s no coincidence that the major house builders are also significant donors to the Conservative Party.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Everyone in this thread should strike a sexy pose and send it instead of all the nurses.

I'll go last.

You’d be better of with the virus than see me in a ‘sexy pose’, or any pose for that matter.

1 minute ago, MixuFixit said:

Modern Porty types is an exquisite phrase, as it is both accurate and insulting.

These hipsters wouldn't have lasted a minute back when the YPR ruled the prom.

I can still hear my head going “clang” about seven years after getting hit by a Porty bouncer. 

No she doesn’t. As far as I know, only Northern Ireland has mandated them to be closed. Here, as in England, it’s at the will of the site operators. They can close if they want to.
That's my understanding too. The only places that have been ordered by law to close are yer entertainment venues and non-food shops and that. The laws (statutory instruments written and passed in a hurry) don't say that only essential businesses can continue to work, and going to your work is listed as a reasonable excuse to leave yer hoose. Advice from government, especially Sturgeon and co, is quite often more stringent, of course.

36 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Him. Though i'd be surprised if the new season kicked off any later than a few weeks late, if late at all.

Well let’s hope you are right then. 

The lockdown isn’t going to just be lifted one day with everything going back to normal, it will be a slow case of starting certain sectors of employment back up with social distancing measures in place and new cases/deaths being closely monitored in the hopes there isn’t a massive spike and our health service gets overrun. Considering it takes 2 weeks to show symptoms and up to a month to die from the virus then it’s going to take a long time to get every industry safely up and running again and allowing 60 thousand people to congregate in a football stadium is about the last thing that is going to be allowed to happen. I am not being even remotely hysterical here, but I do hope I’m proved wrong.

1 hour ago, D.A.F.C said:

Are they not closed? Thought they were, personally my company tried to squirm until they realised it wasn't possible to maintain distancing.
Previous to now their advice and ideas were scandalous though but I wouldn't say they were lying, just badly informed or creating more problems by lack of clear instructions.

Back when China went into lockdown every country should have sprung into action but clearly economy and money counts. Its not just the government but the way business is run by sociopaths that is also the problem.

Shutting down the country two weeks earlier and testing and contact tracing would have seen infections drop by 90%.
Economy though.

Aye but you would need to shut the country about 6 times in 18 months unless you become Fortress UK.