Coronavirus (COVID-19)

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
28 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:
Have the riots been cancelled as well?

I'm more worried about the walls. Who will defend them??

@shull his time to shine has finally came...

I wouldn’t have been that thrilled to miss out on birthday nights out and whatnot in my teens/early twenties.

Does having a wee moan about that really mean they’re pissing on the graves of the dead or is it essentially harmless and not worth getting upset about?

54 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

What if you’re stuck on a sofa bed at the mother in law’s because you can’t move into your new house? Can I moan about that because by Christ I need to moan to someone.

Take your mind off it by posting pictures of nurses (scantily clad or otherwise).

Just now, Thereisalight.. said:

I struggle to understand how Scottish coronavirus deaths are “worked out”? Why say 2 for the last few days and probably report loads more tomorrow or Wed

They don't get the weekend figures confirmed until Tuesday.

Guest JTS98
1 hour ago, Jambomo said:

I don’t think that anyone doesn’t think it’s shit for everyone but listening to people moaning about it doesn’t really improve things.

We are all missing things, people, events, exercise, pubs etc but it’s blatantly obvious that basically everything has stopped and we all know why. Going over it online and in the papers is just annoyingly pointing out the obvious now.

This is where I am with it. This is hard for everyone. Going on about how hard it is, or about how 'unfair' it is, or about how much you want it to be over does nobody any good.

We are where we are and just need to make the best of it. Read a book you've been meaning to read, watch a film you've been meaning to watch, do some exercise, cook something new, call your pal that you haven't spoken to for ages, play your guitar, whatever, just get on with it.

This time is going to pass regardless of your attitude to it, so you might as well do the best with it that you can. Moaning about it is fucking pointless.

This is where I am with it. This is hard for everyone. Going on about how hard it is, or about how 'unfair' it is, or about how much you want it to be over does nobody any good.
We are where we are and just need to make the best of it. Read a book you've been meaning to read, watch a film you've been meaning to watch, do some exercise, cook something new, call your pal that you haven't spoken to for ages, play your guitar, whatever, just get on with it.
This time is going to pass regardless of your attitude to it, so you might as well do the best with it that you can. Moaning about it is fucking pointless.
That's dangerously close to "suck it up" type advice, which probably doesnt help the general requirement for people to open up more in terms of mental health.

1 minute ago, The DA said:

They don't get the weekend figures confirmed until Tuesday.

And that's because the people reporting the numbers don't work the weekend (or so I believe). Quite staggering really, at a time of national emergency, that our reporting of these crucial numbers goes all off kilter for a few days each week, cause its the weekend.