Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Fair dues for her for taking responsibility  Should be interesting listing to Nicola's press conference tomorrow  Who is going to put there hands up and said on here about 10 days that Calderwood would get knighted at the end of this [emoji52]
I thought she was a shoe-in for some kind of award.
What an absolute waste but I have very little sympathy for her.
Someone earlier in the thread said it for me when describing it as one of the biggest ever political suicides (paraphrasing).
Quite unbelievable.
Surely her husband must've suggested to her that it might look a bit iffy, unless they both genuinely were of the opinion that they were above it all.

9 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Situations Vacant

Chief Medical Officer for Scotland required.  Must have a medical qualification,  a degree of common sense and preferably only one hoose.

Will the name Calderwood be enough?...

Jimmy+Calderwood.jpg

5 minutes ago, cdisaaccie said:

Is it remiss of me to suggest that the nurses in the hospital Boris has been admitted to will now need to carry yet another form of protection now? emoji848.png

Nah, he’s fucked they won’t be.

6 minutes ago, cdisaaccie said:

Is it remiss of me to suggest that the nurses in the hospital Boris has been admitted to will now need to carry yet another form of protection now? emoji848.png

Fucking hell. I haven't read you since you used to post "Journey - Don't Stop Believing" a hundred times a day on the music thread. This really is the end of days.

4 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Fucking hell. I haven't read you since you used to post "Journey - Don't Stop Believing" a hundred times a day on the music thread. This really is the end of days.

Hold on to that feeling! 

25 minutes ago, H Wragg said:

Someone earlier in the thread said it for me when describing it as one of the biggest ever political suicides (paraphrasing).
Quite unbelievable.
Surely her husband must've suggested to her that it might look a bit iffy, unless they both genuinely were of the opinion that they were above it all.

I said something similar earlier. This wasn't a one-off error. The amount of decisions that must have went through that family's head and not one of them thought "hmm, maybe this isn't a good idea?" Bollocks. They knew it wasn't a good idea, but thought they were above it.

9 minutes ago, H Wragg said:

Quite unbelievable.

Yes good post The reporter on the main news tonight said it was the worst "thing" -can not remember his words he had probably heard at a press conference   Nobody seemed to realised how bad this was   Had the radio on all morning and this was about the 4th headline in the news bulletin Every hour it was  jumping up a place until it was the top story of the morning

Whilst BoJo succumbing to this would definitely not be at all hilarious, I have to say i'm in two minds about it. One the one hand we might get a public holiday out of it, on the other the PM croaking will likely extend the lockdown and I'll not get my 2 weeks of hillwalking etc in May. 

Hmmm.