Coronavirus (COVID-19)

10 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Boris Johnson is a c**t.

That is now taking up an NHS bed.

Think that one through.

Turns out shaking hands with everyone, even coronavirus patients was as fucking stupid as everyone thought.

Fucking idiot.

10 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Turns out shaking hands with everyone, even coronavirus patients was as fucking stupid as everyone thought.

Fucking idiot.

If there exists more than one strain, he'll have them all...hopefully.

Edited by cyderspaceman
grammar

28 minutes ago, madwullie said:

My wife had a cough and breathlessness last week. Our kids are too wee to properly isolate, and her symptoms were v v mild and Woukd have been just ignored precious to all this. 

Basically tho we followed.the advice online. She stayed up stairs, I had the boys downstairs, made all the food, took hers up (same plate, cutlery etc etc) and left it for her outside the door. She brought it down once we were all in bed, and put the dishwasher on, disinfecting surfaces etc she touched. She basically hid in her room for a week. She came out of quarantine Friday and me and the boys are still staying in till Friday coming. It wasn't easy but touch wood no ill effects for us yet either, to the extent we're doubting she actuly had it because when all's said and done, despite the fact we have a semi big house, it's virtually impossible to ensure you're not going to catch it in such a small space. Was hardest for our youngest who is 4,hw couldn't understand no cuddles etc. The eldest is 7 and is a nit more clued in. Scary stuff. Best of luck mate 🤝 

Hopefully friday will come around quick enough for you. Mine are 10 & 12. The youngest ones been a bit upset at no cuddling, the oldest is happy playing his ps4/xbox. But there will come a time where they get fed up. Hate having them couped up and knowing it’s going to be until next Saturday just makes it worse. We will get there, but it seems like an eternity away just now. We have been the same, tried to disinfect everything i think she may have touched in the hope that helps as well.  

13 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

And c***s want to know why I like punctuation?

Jerry Cole has disappeared and, swooping in  like a sexual predator, Lex is back.

^^^ My preferred interpretation.

Just now, SoapMactavish said:

Being the only one with the good PPE On shift half the time, I seem to have been made into a one man ‘Suicide Squad’ for the  red zone’s in work. 😅

Taking one for the team, I like it.

I had to fashion elastic bands into a thing that holds my goggles on today, they kept falling off.

6 minutes ago, SoapMactavish said:

Being the only one with the good PPE On shift half the time, I seem to have been made into a one man ‘Suicide Squad’ for the  red zone’s in work. 😅

i am a porter and up until friday, we had red and green zones at work and we were aloud to go between the two without any proper ppe. But now we are being advised to mask and goggle up, even for non patient contact stuff like meal trollies etc. 

Edited by buchan30

1 minute ago, The DA said:

Jerry Cole has disappeared and, swooping in  like a sexual predator, Lex is back.

^^^ My preferred interpretation.

Jerry Cole has disappeared and, swooping in  like a sexual predator.  Lex is back.

My take.  Could be wrong.

4 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

What is it you do?

i am a porter and up until friday, we had red and green zones at work and we were aloud to go between the two without any proper ppe. But now we are being advised to mask and goggle up, even for non patient contact stuff like meal trollies etc. 

Radiographer. 

Yeah we are the same: within 2 metres of any patient = PPE of mask, gloves and apron. 

In any high-risk places like ITU I have to put on 2 surgical gowns, 3 sets of gloves, air-fed respirator hood and a long waterproof apron on the top.

Sweating like f**k after about 3 seconds 😂

Edited by SoapMactavish