Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, madwullie said:

Moral question P&B. Kids need new clothes, not desperately, but very soon. Also resources to amuse the kids, birthday presents, stuff like that. Wife in a moral quandary about buying online. Feels she's contributing to people having to work and endanger themselves by ordering stuff. What do youse think? 

My kids needed pjs and one has a birthday this week, so ordered her couple bits too. As I said in another thread we should be airborne heading to the states right now. 

We’ve just ordered stuff from Claire’s Accessories as mum sent both the girls vouchers, got them spent pronto before shop goes tits up.

good news is they had a holiday wardrobe so my youngest been wandering around in shorts for last two weeks!

59 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

Has anyone with kids, have a partner who has had it? Mrs b30 has tested positive for it yesterday and we have been told her in one room, the boys to stay in their rooms as much as possible. And i have to stay in a separate room to them. I still need to do the housework etc, feed them by leaving it at the doors and knocking. We are having to do every communication by the phones or facetime. Apparently to be like this until a week on Wednesday. 

My wife had a cough and breathlessness last week. Our kids are too wee to properly isolate, and her symptoms were v v mild and Woukd have been just ignored precious to all this. 

Basically tho we followed.the advice online. She stayed up stairs, I had the boys downstairs, made all the food, took hers up (same plate, cutlery etc etc) and left it for her outside the door. She brought it down once we were all in bed, and put the dishwasher on, disinfecting surfaces etc she touched. She basically hid in her room for a week. She came out of quarantine Friday and me and the boys are still staying in till Friday coming. It wasn't easy but touch wood no ill effects for us yet either, to the extent we're doubting she actuly had it because when all's said and done, despite the fact we have a semi big house, it's virtually impossible to ensure you're not going to catch it in such a small space. Was hardest for our youngest who is 4,hw couldn't understand no cuddles etc. The eldest is 7 and is a nit more clued in. Scary stuff. Best of luck mate 🤝 

Just about everyone on here calling it right but it's extremely tedious seeing Yes internet's full old firm behaviour of excuse making and whataboutery when someone from the Scottish Government drops a clanger. There is no defending Calderwood on this one, it's just an absolute beamer. Keeping her behind the scenes from now on is the right thing to do.

1 minute ago, Alan Stubbs said:

Just about everyone on here calling it right but it's extremely tedious seeing Yes internet's full old firm behaviour of excuse making and whataboutery when someone from the Scottish Government drops a clanger. There is no defending Calderwood on this one, it's just an absolute beamer. Keeping her behind the scenes from now on is the right thing to do.

Nobody from the Scottish Government dropped a clanger.

8 minutes ago, Alan Stubbs said:

Who are you referring to?

2 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Not employment law as such but the Civil Service Management Code - section 4.5 covers this.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/566900/CSMC_November_2016.docx

Section 4.5.3 states:

"It is for departments and agencies to define the circumstances in which initiation of disciplinary procedures may be appropriate. It is not necessary to attempt to define every circumstance. However departments’ and agencies’ rules for staff must make clear the circumstances in which the application of the disciplinary procedures may be considered, and these must include:

* breaches of the organisation’s standards of conduct or other forms of misconduct (see paragraph 4.1.4); and

* any other circumstances in which the behaviour, action or inaction of individuals significantly disrupts or damages the performance or reputation of the organisation;

* as well as other circumstances covered by the statutory dispute resolution procedures."

I’ll bet you’re a barrel of laughs at parties.