Coronavirus (COVID-19)

27 minutes ago, sophia said:

He called for her to resign!

My rule of thumb is that if Willie Rennie is a hyena, I'd prefer to think hard about running with the pack.

She's a human being, albeit a highly skilled and paid one, that has been suddenly thrust into a daily regime that must be beyond her, or most people's for that matter, comfort zone and she made an error of judgement

It appears she will no longer have public facing duties. I trust this satisfies the blood lust.

MmXhQo7ioJQ2bEXPGcvV2MdK-M6rlQCc7-sZE_Fm

Moral question P&B. Kids need new clothes, not desperately, but very soon. Also resources to amuse the kids, birthday presents, stuff like that. Wife in a moral quandary about buying online. Feels she's contributing to people having to work and endanger themselves by ordering stuff. What do youse think? 

1 minute ago, madwullie said:

Moral question P&B. Kids need new clothes, not desperately, but very soon. Also resources to amuse the kids, birthday presents, stuff like that. Wife in a moral quandary about buying online. Feels she's contributing to people having to work and endanger themselves by ordering stuff. What do youse think? 

She's helping to keep people in employment, increase herd immunity and keep the distribution infrastructure going for vital needs, which also keeps me supplied with alcohol and fags.

2 minutes ago, madwullie said:

I'm still buying 'shite' online and have had books delivered along with a few things for my youngest's b'day next month.  I also have groceries delivered from Tesco.  

If I was still living with either of my ex wives, though, I'd say there is a moratorium on online shopping.

Catherine Calderwood did an incredibly stupid and irresponsible thing, twice. She should at least have offered her resignation.

However, it should be remembered that one of her predecessors as Chief Medical Officer spawned Susan Calman. Unless, and until, she does something similarly heinous, she should be considered with a degree of sympathy.

6 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I'm still buying 'shite' online and have had books delivered along with a few things for my youngest's b'day next month.  I also have groceries delivered from Tesco.  

If I was still living with either of my ex wives, though, I'd say there is a moratorium on online shopping.

I'd draw a line at supermarket deliveries if you're not at least medium to higher risk, there are no slots available whatsoever in Inverness for those who need it.

Guest Moomintroll

Will mean nothing to most people outside North Ayrshire but that's Marymass been cancelled now, shit just got real.

Has anyone with kids, have a partner who has had it? Mrs b30 has tested positive for it yesterday and we have been told her in one room, the boys to stay in their rooms as much as possible. And i have to stay in a separate room to them. I still need to do the housework etc, feed them by leaving it at the doors and knocking. We are having to do every communication by the phones or facetime. Apparently to be like this until a week on Wednesday. 

I don’t “hate” the CMO As I have seen as a term banded about nor am I using this as a stick to beat the SNP as I regularly vote for them but the CMO’s position is utterly untenable. Completely reckless and moronic behaviour. If her work is that important then she should have been removed from her role and positioned as an “advisor” to the government. It is almost incomprehensible how stupid her actions were in this climate and her staying completely undermines everything that the Scottish government says  

3 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

How about donating some money your majesty?

Maybe some of that 10 million she saved that was reported in the Panama papers.  How much does she fucking need?   Everything is given to her.  Greedy b*****ds.   

7 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I'd draw a line at supermarket deliveries if you're not at least medium to higher risk, there are no slots available whatsoever in Inverness for those who need it.

There are only so many bottles of gin that a man of my age can carry...

5 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

Has anyone with kids, have a partner who has had it? Mrs b30 has tested positive for it yesterday and we have been told her in one room, the boys to stay in their rooms as much as possible. And i have to stay in a separate room to them. I still need to do the housework etc, feed them by leaving it at the doors and knocking. We are having to do every communication by the phones or facetime. Apparently to be like this until a week on Wednesday. 

My wife is feeling a bit feverish tonight. This isn't uncommon as our home life life can often lead to us feeling unwell, but naturally we're all a bit worried. We have three kids. One is a newborn. The other two are disabled with autism and additional needs. Genuinely terrified how we'll cope if one of us gets it.