Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 hours ago, Lex said:

Got to laugh really, it’s utterly ludicrous levels of incompetence and entitlement. Couldn’t make it up.

Not surprised she hasn’t been sacked yet right enough, good mates with Nicola apparently.

Is she going to continue to do the briefings telling us all to do avoid unnecessary travel...?

Absolute madness.

Apparently not no

2 minutes ago, sophia said:

He called for her to resign!

My rule of thumb is that if Willie Rennie is a hyena, I'd prefer to think hard about running with the pack.

She's a human being, albeit a highly skilled and paid one, that has been suddenly thrust into a daily regime that must be beyond her, or most people's for that matter, comfort zone and she made an error of judgement

It appears she will no longer have public facing duties. I trust this satisfies the blood lust.

Rennie gave a stronger quote later, but even then, he prefaced it with, "It is with great regret that we say that the chief medical officer will need to go."

Why the "great regret"? And "need to go"; it's pretty soft and kind language. 

2 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Not employment law as such but the Civil Service Management Code - section 4.5 covers this.

It would still be a matter of employment law whether letting her continue now would constitute acceptance of the breach, for which she could not be dismissed later.

I love civil servants.

“I think you’ll find that sacking this person would be a breach of clause 7.4 subsection 5, paragraph 6a of the non-committal agreement in principle that was counter signed by the sub committee responsible for th principle of agreement,”

“But...”

“I don’t care how many bodies they found in his drains! Until you meet these simple and reasonable criteria Mr Nilsen must be kept in situ. I’ll contact Wakefield Prison to get his standing desk fitted tomorrow”

I know this isn't your main point, but I can't believe she hasn't resigned. Thought at first that it must have been last weekend they were talking about when the rules were slightly less clear, but after a full week of being plastered over the telly telling the public not to do exactly what she did, it's unfuckingbelievable, and nothing to do with the media, other than doing their job and exposing her utter hypocrisy. Any other job it would be oooh, bit naughty but no real harm; not hers. 

The point being that it isnt the media or politicians who make the decisions. 

I personally believe that she she should be disciplined - but through the correct processes.

Looking at the Civil Service Management Code Section 4.5.3 it looks likely there is a disciplinary case to at least investigate .

2 hours ago, philpy said:

Overheard idiot neighbour talking to a friend earlier "fucking snakes man, why would someone do that?? So much for us being a close community"

Me.. article-0-02FF85C5000005DC-665_233x347.jpeg

FB_IMG_1585927372442.thumb.jpg.9aff75a9252e65fd081c14aebdbd5614.jpg

In microcosm yes, just need to watch the PC today to realise that. Needed nipping in the bud and hopefully has been. In your defence it's a disgrace our media saw it that way and I get where you were coming from but unfortunately it had in the here and now.

Are you genuinely trying to insinuate that the CMOs indiscretions have become a bigger story than the Coronavirus pandemic?

11 minutes ago, sophia said:

My rule of thumb is that if Willie Rennie is a hyena, I'd prefer to think hard about running with the pack.

She's a human being, albeit a highly skilled and paid one, that has been suddenly thrust into a daily regime that must be beyond her, or most people's for that matter, comfort zone and she made an error of judgement

It appears she will no longer have public facing duties. I trust this satisfies the blood lust.

Maybe we could all use that excuse in future.

"It was an error of judgement hosting a party at our house".

4 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Maybe we could all use that excuse in future.

"It was an error of judgement hosting a party at our house".

2 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

So it was you that Philpy grassed up was it, JG?

You missed that bit.

3 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Away from all the mayhem the spare time afforded by the lockdown allowed me to clear out the garage.  I found so many things I hadn't seen in years but possibly the best find was this...

20200405_192606.thumb.jpg.79890d8f4b860edaa47bee32c1be8c53.jpg

Now watching it with the laddie.  Quality.

Never imagined you to be the sort who would be into dog fighting.

Very disappointed.

What beach were you on, North shore towards Irvine was windy but very mild almost balmy feeling.

Another day of bracing winds and Baltic temps here in Ayrshire. I passed about 3 people on the mile stretch of beach I walked on, nobody in groups or having BBQs as predicted [emoji849], I also passed a park and only saw dog walkers, nobody sunbathing. People will be raging 

23 minutes ago, sophia said:

An error of judgement is licking your fingers while taking a plastic bag at the supermarket.

The amount of decisions that she and her family must have taken in their heads to end up at their second home 45 miles away isn't an error of judgement. There's a massive decision process went on there. It's impossible that at some point she didn't think "I shouldn't be doing this" but continued doing it regardless. It's a thousand errors of judgement.