Coronavirus (COVID-19)

9 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Those calling on the FM to sack the CMO miss the point that no Civil Servant can be sacked by a minister.

Only the Permanent Secretary can sack a Civil Servant.

That’s pedantry tbh.  She could make her position very clear and Calderwood’s position would be untenable.

14 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Those calling on the FM to sack the CMO miss the point that no Civil Servant can be sacked by a minister.

Only the Permanent Secretary can sack a Civil Servant.

When you become a bigger story than the one you're talking about surely it's time to step aside and get out of the spotlight. 

That’s pedantry tbh.  She could make her position very clear and Calderwood’s position would be untenable.
It's not pedantry - start running the Civil Service any other way and you end up acting like Priti Patel.

Until the Permanent Secretary takes action, and I believe she will, a minister can only express their reservations privately to the Permanent Secretary. I would expect that the FM will have raised this with the Permanent Secretary.

12 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

I am now at the "looking at hair trimmer" stage

Same here. I'm 50 but if I don't have a trim every 6 weeks I end up looking like the Ancient alien guy.

Can anyone recommend a decent shaver from Amazon or eBay?

Edited by Tony Ferrino

2 minutes ago, stanton said:

When you become a bigger story than the one you're talking about surely it's time to step aside and get out of the spotlight. 

Nah.  Poor show from the fanny doctor but not sackable IMO and responses to it say more about our desire for everything to be black and white.  A slap on the wrist was fine.

45 minutes ago, bendan said:

Is it? I found it quite alarming when people who clearly have it are not tested yet 90% of tests were negative. A high percentage might indicate it has spread quite widely in the community, which would actually be encouraging.

If we take it that many of those tested are already unwell and showing "symptoms" but are then testing negative, would that not insinuate that there was something else going around such as a different flu strain etc or alternatively that the test wasn't very accurate ??

2 minutes ago, Tony Ferrino said:

Same here. I'm 50 but if I don't have a trim every 6 weeks I end up looking like the Ancient alien fella.

Can anyone recommend a decent shaver from Amazon or eBay?

I/my wife use this one.  It does the job.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wahl-Cordless-Super-Taper-Lithium/dp/B00KMY4C6C/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=wahl+super+taper&qid=1586102469&sr=8-1

I’m no lover of Sturgeon or the SNP but if she thinks the CMO is crucial to our path through this,I will take her at her word.Let her advise but keep her well away from the cameras or all we’ll see a a perpetual media circus.

But I assume the FM can ask for a different representative for the daily briefing.
Rock and a hard place is the reality here.

Damned for appearing today - if she hadn't appeared the usual Unionist loon balls would have said that the FM was trying to hide something.

11 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

The worst thing about Calderwood's behaviour is that it's given Janey fucking Godley a chance to do another of her shite voiceovers

Tweet a negative opinion and you'll be blocked almost instantly so will never have to suffer them again.

3 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Rock and a hard place is the reality here.

Damned for appearing today - if she hadn't appeared the usual Unionist loon balls would have said that the FM was trying to hide something.

Just hearing 😁 that she's not stepping down as CMO but won't attend these briefings in future.

1 minute ago, Michael W said:

Tweet a negative opinion and you'll be blocked almost instantly so will never have to suffer them again.

^^^Football account.

The issue is that morons are retweeting it and sharing it on FB. If I hadn't already had my exercise for the day, I'd be going on a murdering spree

14 minutes ago, stanton said:

Are you genuinely trying to insinuate that the CMOs indiscretions have become a bigger story than the Coronavirus pandemic?

Haven't bothered reading the last 20 pages or so, but Calderwood has nuked all of her credibility as the public face of the campaign, so it is clearly the right thing to keep her off media duties from now on. Don't really have any issue with keeping her on to do the actual job she's paid for as long as she is good at it - that's more important than posturing about sacking folk for the sake of it.

She's really fucked me off big time though - what an entitled arsehole you'd have to be to do what she did.