Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Part of the reason Sturgeon still had the cmo out there was for her to, pardon the pun, face the medicine. If she’d given her a pass she’d be accused of protection. She did the second best thing she could in the circumstances. 

4 minutes ago, bendan said:

Is it? I found it quite alarming when people who clearly have it are not tested yet 90% of tests were negative. A high percentage might indicate it has spread quite widely in the community, which would actually be encouraging.

I'm assuming that we're still only testing the same group as before, we're supposedly starting with testing those nearest the coalface 1st along with patients in hospital, that to me is of great concern. 

19 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

48% of tests proving positive is quite worrying. 

Only if those tests are conducted on the general public at large (and on top of that only if large numbers of those testing positive went on to develop severe symptoms).

If they are being conducted on those seriously ill enough to present themselves at a hospital then it could be argued that the figure is actually quite low.

Edited by Todd_is_God

2 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Part of the reason Sturgeon still had the cmo out there was for her to, pardon the pun, face the medicine. If she’d given her a pass she’d be accused of protection. She did the second best thing she could in the circumstances. 

Only if she isn't still in the job tomorrow.  If the cmo is still there, she will be the focus of the press conferences.  It's the fact that its twice while others have been fined.  There is no justification for her actions and Sturgeon keeping her thre doesn't look good.  It also doesn't sit well with folk.  Not even fined when others have been for doing it once.  It's the same old...

3 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:

I thought I was hearing things but it appears Dominic Waghorn asked Sturgeon if she still thought she could do the job better 'than any Male, still?'

Utterly unbelievable.

Did he ask that?  What a twat. 

4 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Only if those tests are conducted on the general public at large (and on top of that only if large numbers of those testing positive went on to develop severe symptoms).

If they are being conducted on those seriously ill enough to present themselves at a hospital then it could be argued that the figure is actually quite low.

It was 34% for the previous day. 

1 minute ago, HooseLee said:

Only if she isn't still in the job tomorrow.  If the cmo is still there, she will be the focus of the press conferences.  It's the fact that its twice while others have been fined.  There is no justification for her actions and Sturgeon keeping her thre doesn't look good.  It also doesn't sit well with folk.  Not even fined when others have been for doing it once.  It's the same old...

I agree ideally she should have been fired. That’s not happened though and as a result she must continue, or else it will be seen as a climb down to media pressure to get rid. The time for her to go was first thing this morning. That should have happened in my opinion but Sturgeon has chosen to stick rather than twist and must stand by that now. 

1 minute ago, HooseLee said:

For me it’s saying one thing, which is pretty much the overriding tenet in the governments policy then twice going against her own advice. I can’t understand her thinking? 

I had to brave ASDA there, and all I can think is that there is f**k-all point in 80% of folk following the social distancing guidelines when it's plainly positive 20% of people don't give a flying shite about them. 

13 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:

I thought I was hearing things but it appears Dominic Waghorn asked Sturgeon if she still thought she could do the job better 'than any Male, still?'

Utterly unbelievable.

I've tweeted him to ask.

5 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

For me it’s saying one thing, which is pretty much the overriding tenet in the governments policy then twice going against her own advice. I can’t understand her thinking? 

The advice has changed so quickly I'm not too sure what it was her for first bunk off from her 24/7 schedule, or even the second?

Tbf Nippy can’t really win. Sack her (accept her resignation) and she’s then got to throw a newcomer in.

Before this morning’s scoop, Calderwood did seem to be getting the message across in a credible and authoritative manner (Chuckles’ testing perhaps excepted. 

Don’t sack her and the sideshow threatens to overwhelm the real message. 

Jason Leitch seems to have built a similarly reassuring air. Is there a reason he doesn’t qualify for the gig? 

Just now, Todd_is_God said:

Without context, though, these numbers are quite meaningless

I can only go with what I see and hear, we appear to be testing the same group as before whilst adding in health professionals, it isn't easy to get figures now, a lot of pages are either being hidden or getting shoved to the bottom of the pile when you search. 

Those calling on the FM to sack the CMO miss the point that no Civil Servant can be sacked by a minister.

Only the Permanent Secretary can sack a Civil Servant.

It should also be noted that civil service in Scotland is a matter reserved to Westminster not Holyrood.

4 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Those calling on the FM to sack the CMO miss the point that no Civil Servant can be sacked by a minister.

Only the Permanent Secretary can sack a Civil Servant.

But I assume the FM can ask for a different representative for the daily briefing.