Coronavirus (COVID-19)

32 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

Sturgeon doing plenty of shielding here. Whilst also ignoring most questions.

She's being completely honest, what more can she say ?

Every question is asking the same thing but we already know all the answers, so what do they expect her to do or say as it's all been said ? 

Calderwood was 100% in the wrong and in normal times would have been fired for gross misconduct, however this isn't normal times and in all honesty that would probably have suited her fine and let her off the hook.

Make no mistake, Sturgeon will have destroyed her behind closed doors but the bottom line is that she's still more use in her role than she would be out of it.

After this is all done and dusted I'd expect her to resign and without any golden handshakes or huge pensions.

It should also be emphasised once again that Calderwood is indeed a disgrace and has completely embarrassed and undermined the Scottish Gov who up until this moment were handling things much better than their English counterparts, as such I've no doubt at all that NS would have thrown her to the Wolves without hesitation was it not for the fact that she's still worth more to the country continuing in her position.

As I say, it's a disgrace, but what's done is done.

2 minutes ago, Rugster said:

If that does happen it’s not because the CMO went up the road to check her house it’s because thousands of idiots are sunbathing in parks across england. 

Mainly in London

1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

She's being completely honest, what more can she say ?

Every question is asking the same thing but we already know all the answers, so what do they expect her to do or say as it's all been said ? 

Calderwood was 100% in the wrong and in normal times would have been fired for gross misconduct, however this isn't normal times and in all honesty that would probably have suited her fine and let her off the hook.

Make no mistake, Sturgeon will have destroyed her behind closed doors but the bottom line is that she's still more use in her role than she would be out of it.

After this is all done and dusted I'd expect her to resign and without any golden handshakes or huge pensions.

It should also be emphasised once again that Calderwood is indeed a disgrace and has completely embarrassed and undermined the Scottish Gov who up until this moment were handling things much better than their English counterparts, as such I've no doubt at all that NS would have thrown her to the Wolves without hesitation was it not for the fact that she's still worth more to the country continuing in her position.

As I say, it's a disgrace, but what's done is done.

Exactly.  You don't change horses in mid-stream.

I would question whether someone who thought it was a good idea to drive to Earlsferry and back in the current situation whilst you are the public face of the pandemic is intelligent enough to be advising the government. 

13 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Hi chaps, won't be on for the next few hours.  Just nipping up to St Andrews for milk.

Any issues will just apologise to the polis and be on my way.

Anybody need anything?

A white pudding supper plz x

9 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
17 minutes ago, HooseLee said:
It wouldn't have happened if she wasnt there. What else did they think the press were going to focus on.  Blame those who allowed her to be there.  That's the big error here.  

Why am I getting the feeling that had Calderwood not been there you would have been on here demanding to know why ?

Not if I never knew that she has flouting the rules twice.  It took the focus away from everything else.  They knew that would be the case with her being there and still in the job.  You justifying her fucking up twice?

6 minutes ago, Detournement said:

I've not got a clue who he is either but he has a screen grab of the morning fibs.

You can get them on the CMO's Twitter page 🤷‍♂️

Before Calderwood and her family got in their car to visit their second home there are two possibilities.

1. It didn’t cross her mind that she was doing anything wrong, in which case she’s a naive fool and should go.

2. She was very conscious that she was doing something wrong and decided to do it anyway, in which case she’s arrogant and should go.

18 minutes ago, HooseLee said:

I'm.the same.  She handled that really badly.   If the cmo is still in the job tomorrow, it's a disgrace.  13 people dead in the one care home and she is the story.   It was the worst press conference Sturgeon has done 

That's up to the journalists though to "change the narrative", we had the answers so what was the point in flogging a dead horse ?

What that said to me today was that the Times, Telegraph & Observer are just "gutter press" with very little journalistic skills similar to their red top friends.

A bad day for the Scottish Gov certainly, but an equally as bad a day for our so called press in this country.......

On a positive note the weather across the road from dundee has vastly improved. Lovely and warm now. So apologies as I am lucky enough to enjoy a decent sized garden.
I've loads of relatives in the area from crail down to Elie and the medical officer pictures were out on Facebook well in advance of the.journos.
Obviously she was stupid enough to start with but was then seen out and about in the village.20200405_155350.jpeg

1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

That's up to the journalists though to "change the narrative", we had the answers so what was the point in flogging a dead horse ?

What that said to me today was that the Times, Telegraph & Observer are just "gutter press" with very little journalistic skills similar to their red top friends.

A bad day for the Scottish Gov certainly, but an equally as bad a day for our so called press in this country.......

There was no way they were not going to go for that.  It was pretty foolish of them to expect otherwise.   Sturgeon knew that would happen.  Once maybe, but twice and only spoken too.  Why not fined like others have been?  It was foolish to have her continue as the medical figurehead.  No reason why she couldn't step back into the background.   

18 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Looks like outside exercise might be getting stopped.

Few idiots ruining it for everyone.

Impossible to Police in the real world.

Jogging for the shopping ?

Cycling to the Chemist ?

Not to mention that there's hardly any Police around anyway.

2 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Obviously she was stupid enough to start with but was then seen out and about in the village.

Probably not used to being in the public eye and thought she could get away with it.