Coronavirus (COVID-19)

She has to fall on her sword, can't act like a c**t while imploring others not to act like a c**t. 

Doesn't mean you throw away her knowledge, you just keep her doing what she's been doing without putting her out there. 

Guest JTS98
1 minute ago, ayrmad said:

She has to fall on her sword, can't act like a c**t while imploring others not to act like a c**t. 

Doesn't mean you throw away her knowledge, you just keep her doing what she's been doing without putting her out there. 

?

8 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Catherine Calderwood has clearly been a bit of a muppet with her travelling to a second home. This is a prime time to say that when I first saw her I honestly thought she had been a man before. Think it was the firm jawline and voice. 

2077465061_tenor(4).gif.eb28cbea646f2b622b0183f3d1e397e9.gif

Guest JTS98
5 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Catherine Calderwood has clearly been a bit of a muppet with her travelling to a second home. This is a prime time to say that when I first saw her I honestly thought she had been a man before. Think it was the firm jawline and voice. 

Is that a law firm?

Gordon if you're going to highlight the serious nature of this one in a lifetime pandemic then surely you want the very top people involved in the key decisions?

She's made a horrible error. But if she's the best in her field then why should there be a clamour for her to resign?

This is too serious to punt experts based on PR gaffes.

Just now, welshbairn said:

Probably best to find another spokesperson but if she's good at the rest of her job it would be daft to sack her.

Pretty much my stance.  She still knows how to do her job but she's not the best role model to be putting forward on a daily basis.

Probably best to find another spokesperson but if she's good at the rest of her job it would be daft to sack her.
Err.. as Ayrmad said.
That seems the best compromise.

Take her right out the spotlight but her expertise shouldn't be binned entirely.

5 hours ago, throbber said:

Has the virus even hit the poorer countries in Africa and South East Asia? You would expect it to be absolutely devastating for these places but there hasn’t been much reported about it.

We/Thailand were the second country to announce a case after China on 10th Jan.

At the moment we have 

2169 cases

23 dead

674 fully recovered.

tested 24,474

We're doing ok, social distancing (nobody is doing it), everything is closed apart from food, medical & financial places.  Total lockdown after 10pm to 4am.  Nobody is allowed out their house during that time unless, you work for medical, army or delivery driver (for essential items only).

No panicking, in fact life seems normal (in the countryside).  However the media are ramping it up all the time. 

34 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

#FuckTheTories

Much as I despise Rees Mogg they're just doing what any investment firm should be doing, partly to stop people's pensions taking a kicking. It's not like they were shorting airlines before 9/11.

Dunno. More generally I've never understood the anti-French sentiment because every French person I've ever met either here or in France has been unfailingly charming and welcoming. It's a dull received wisdom that we should dislike the French, based on nothing more than an irrelevant atavism.

The French are braw. A great bunch o’ lads......[emoji632]

4 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

Seems a bit pointless.

I know but this is Scotland, where the MSM will not let go of it, it will end up distracting the govt from more important matters.