Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Not good enough.   She has undermined the government, made a complete James Hunt of it and has absolutely zero credibility left.
It was an act of sheer arrogance and selfishness, to think a shitty half arsed apology is enough is wrong and compounds her arrogance.
Has to go.

The outpouring of ‘she said sorry she made a mistake’ nonsense from SNP politicians is ridiculous. They are out of their depth.

7 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Louise needs to learn about discretion IMO. 

"Louise said she arrived by taxi at around 10.30pm on Tuesday, the night before Walker issued his plea in an interview for everyone to stay at home."

Non story IMO. Maybe he had a road to Damascus moment during the night?

21 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Not good enough.   She has undermined the government, made a complete James Hunt of it and has absolutely zero credibility left.

It was an act of sheer arrogance and selfishness, to think a shitty half arsed apology is enough is wrong and compounds her arrogance.

Has to go.

Got to agree. Her position is indefensible.

It grates a bit that Sun journalists can roam around freely for such exposes but that's just the way the cookie crumbles...

2 minutes ago, Lurkst said:

"Louise said she arrived by taxi at around 10.30pm on Tuesday, the night before Walker issued his plea in an interview for everyone to stay at home."

Non story IMO. Maybe he had a road to Damascus moment during the night?

Surely it would be Louise falling to her knees rather than Walker?

Anyone who makes a point of watching it lands immediately front and centre on the OFTW list.

There is nothing that can convince me there is any value, and relevance or any point in one single word she has to say.

"To give the nation a boost" will be a popular one. You really have to be asking yourself some searching questions if you can extract a boost from the words of "Royalty"
It never fails to amaze me how much support there is for the royal family in Britain. It defies all logic.

Scotland seems less keen but i don't think they do polls on it very often because they'd hate to have to admit Scottish people were opposed to it (either that or the polls show that a majority of Scots still want them in which car my despair runs even deeper).

That's because their guidance has been deliberately blurry so that they can blame the public for their own incompetence. 
You see it on here, people talking about "scum" or "arseholes". UK government response has been a shambles and has led to more deaths than we needed.

You appear to have massively changed your entire tone this morning.

You were the one who was going over the top in criticism of individuals with fairly minor discretions.

If you make a big deal out of individual behaviour then obviously you're feeding into the 'public are arseholes' narrative that has generally distracted a lot of the rightful anger away from the authorities.
Sturgeon should bin that c**t Calderwood, she has zero credibility after this second home fiasco.  
I've missed this story completely.

Is she a politician or scientific expert? I know who she next to sturgeon but was exactly is her role, and what has she done in terms of a second house?

I thought she was a genuine expert, in which case i couldn't really care about her personal infidelity (within reason) if her qualified advice is still the best we have in Scotland. But I'm clearly not clued up as I've been trying to avoid the news for a bit.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

It’s a heatwave in Dundee.  I’m nude sunbathing in the garden.

So if anyone thought that COVID-19 was the worst thing to happen this week...

I hope you’re not pretending to be the neighbourhood sun dial again.

I've missed this story completely.

Is she a politician or scientific expert? I know who she next to sturgeon but was exactly is her role, and what has she done in terms of a second house?

I thought she was a genuine expert, in which case i couldn't really care about her personal infidelity (within reason) if her qualified advice is still the best we have in Scotland. But I'm clearly not clued up as I've been trying to avoid the news for a bit.

She visited her second home in Fife for an overnight stay with her family, after urging everyone not to visit holiday homes. A massive howler, for which she has unreservedly apologised.

She’s the Chief Medical Officer for Scotland, not a politician. She went and stayed at her holiday home in Fife when she’d said that people shouldn’t do that.

One of my colleagues was supposed to be staying in a cottage in Fife this week actually but cancelled it because of the virus. He did have a food delivery ordered for Saturday so was going to drive over and take it as he can’t get a slot for delivery to his home in Edinburgh, really hope he got arrested as he’ll be absolutely Seething. It’s the small things that get you through.

She should still get punted.  It’s not as if she’s some old lady with a touch of dementia wandering about unaware.  She’s the fucking chief medical officer.  13 people died in a care home because somebody probably completely unaware they had covid went to see their mum and she’s just nipping up to her holiday home.

Calderwood visiting her second home whilst telling everyone else not to, Prince Charles heading upto Balmoral when he was supposed to be self-isolating, Kyle Walker partying with hookers whilst preaching to everyone else... pretty much sums up my feelings about the politicians, the rich and celebrities in this country, and probably every country.

Everyone else should do it, but it doesn't really apply to them if it's inconvenient.

Everyone should go sunbathing. Even if it rains. f**k 'em all. 

1 minute ago, PauloPerth said:

Calderwood visiting her second home whilst telling everyone else not to, Prince Charles heading upto Balmoral when he was supposed to be self-isolating, Kyle Walker partying with hookers whilst preaching to everyone else... pretty much sums up my feelings about the politicians, the rich and celebrities in this country, and probably every country.

Everyone else should do it, but it doesn't really apply to them if it's inconvenient.

Everyone should go sunbathing. Even if it rains. f**k 'em all. 

Hiya Kyle 

Some doctor has went on an absolute rampage trying to discredit and basically harass Jason Leitch on Twitter for not being a doctor.

This is the beginning of the backlash of the morons.

She should still get punted.  It’s not as if she’s some old lady with a touch of dementia wandering about unaware.  She’s the fucking chief medical officer.  13 people died in a care home because somebody probably completely unaware they had covid went to see their mum and she’s just nipping up to her holiday home.
Yes her position is completely untenable and she should be out the door tout de suite. 
I disagree.

It's a massive embarrassment and she should publicly apologise.

But we need the best brains working together on this and she's in that position due to her skills and experience.

It does show just how difficult these restrictions are, and all those folk talking about how easy it is to follow the advice need to wind their neck in a bit.