Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

Going to the promenade or to the park because it is a nice day does make you an arsehole, sorry.

The guidelines may be blurry, but it's quite clear neither of those two examples are allowed.

It's ok to blame both the government and these idiots

Pozbaird and his missus earlier.

FullSizeRender-2.jpg

Part of me would enjoy the good weather not to materialise and Hancock, Bojo and co to have already prepared the "too many people sunabthing" excuse for further restrictions

A bigger part of me wants to drink lager in the garden though. 
It's not materialising here!!

[emoji53]

28 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

If there’s any good to come from this at all, it’ll be the fact that the NHS will be put to the top of all the public spending priorities, and that any attempts to privatise parts of it are now non starters.

Erm no, the government is going to have to find the means to 'pay' for its unprecedented intervention in the economy during this shutdown: another bout of austerity is coming down the chute and the NHS is simply too large a portion of public spending to get away scot-free. 

I don’t think the timing of any of the measures, such as closing schools, was simply down to unwillingness to act. There was some kind of medical reasoning behind it.

The government's own pandemic advisory group recommended to the COBRA committee that schools should be closed as part of a wider strategy to delay the spread of the virus on February 26. This was based on the updated Imperial College report. The government made up some utter bullshit excuses about key workers being forced to take time off for childcare and the weans going back to their grannies and spreading the virus as reasons why schools shouldn't close yet. Until March 16 of course, when those issues had magically disappeared - despite a near exponential growth in transmission in that fortnight - and so the government announced that schools would be closed after all but not until two days later.

That is not a policy U turn led by medical reasons: it is political decision-making at its most incompetent.

7 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I don’t think firing the chief medical officer in the middle of a health emergency is a good idea. Fire her afterwards.

This is not the first time you have been wrong.

I don’t think it will be the last time either.

3 minutes ago, bendan said:

There's a report out from the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (who are also advising the government) that suggests a series of rolling lockdowns over the next year, with ICU trigger points determining when.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamJKucharski/status/1245396449518669824

An interesting point being made too about compulsory mask wearing, I know there is arguments saying they aren't effective but others saying countries with mask wearing as standard have lower rates. If this works it may be able to come into play with a common sense approach to people going out n about using the 2 meter rule and some PPE.

4 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

This is not the first time you have been wrong.

I don’t think it will be the last time either.

She has to go, her credibility is completely gone after this.   In her position she has to lead by example, she did not, she has made a massive error of judgement and should resign.

12 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I don’t think firing the chief medical officer in the middle of a health emergency is a good idea. Fire her afterwards.

Last week she was telling people not to travel to second homes and to stay local,  she should be setting an example.   She can't stay in the job now, people need to be able to trust the cmo.

How easy is it to replace a CMO at the best of times, let alone now? 

She should be sacked, absolutely. However I think we need to find the opportune moment for that and it isn't as the expected peak is approaching. Justified though it would be, it'll just lead to some deciding the government doesn't know what it's doing and to start ignoring the guidance. 

Wait until we are on the downward and then fire her. In the meantime, reduce her profile and line up the replacement. 

6 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

She has to go, her credibility is completely gone after this.   In her position she has to lead by example, she did not, she has made a massive error of judgement and should resign.

Honestly I’d rather see her fired than resign.  It would send out the right message.

Just now, Michael W said:

How easy is it to replace a CMO at the best of times, let alone now? 

She should be sacked, absolutely. However I think we need to find the opportune moment for that and it isn't as the expected peak is approaching. Justified though it would be, it'll just lead to some deciding the government doesn't know what it's doing and to start ignoring the guidance. 

Wait until we are on the downward and then fire her. In the meantime, reduce her profile and line up the replacement. 

She will have a deputy.

Just now, Tynierose said:

Not good enough.   She has undermined the government, made a complete James Hunt of it and has absolutely zero credibility left.

It was an act of sheer arrogance and selfishness, to think a shitty half arsed apology is enough is wrong and compounds her arrogance.

Has to go.

Let’s be honest we should burn her at the stake as a lesson to rule ignorers and hypocritical c***s everywhere.

If we didn’t live in a snowflake environment that’s exactly what would happen.