Coronavirus (COVID-19)

I have just been out to some shops close by, and hardly anybody is respecting the 2 metres boundary. Two guys were standing at the entrance to the Co-op, and ignored me when I patiently waited for them to move aside. Whilst using the self-checkout a ned literally stood about 2 feet behind me. The two guys were still talking away as I exited. People were congregating on the pavement chatting, and one guy coughed as he passed me and didn't even have the courtesy to cover his mouth - he was about 2 feet away. I nearly swung for him. 

I'm feeling really misanthropic right now. I know this is bad, but right now I want the virus to wipe out the stupid and/or careless b*****ds who can't abide by simple rules. 

Excess all-cause (EuroMOMO) mortality in subpopulations, UK

- In week 13 2020 in England, statistically significant excess mortality by week of death above the upper 2 z-score threshold was seen overall, by age group in the 65+ year olds and sub nationally (all ages)in the North West, East & West Midlands, London and South East regions after correcting GRO disaggregate data for reporting delay with the standardised EuroMOMO algorithm (Figure 1). This data is provisional due to the time delay in registration; numbers may vary from week to week.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/877621/Weekly_all_cause_mortality_surveillance_week_14_2020_report.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjg5prlqM_oAhXHX8AKHb3fCLwQFjAAegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw3EH17xw97t5Mur2UekZCQE

21 minutes ago, Snafu said:

None of the advise really works I've followed it and still managed to pick up a small cold

This is very true. I have left the house twice in the last 3 weeks. Once to Tesco to pick up supplies. Once to B&Q to contactless collect paint (may as well do something useful with the time off).

Still got the sniffles for a few days 😂

4 hours ago, welshbairn said:

^^^Tone Trolling Helen Lovejoy 

(Just in case VT's busy)

Indeed I was, clocking up my 9k run for the day*: have a Charles for your assistance.

Spoiler

which brought on a migraine and left me lying in a darkened room for three hours

Thousands Of People Are Gathering In Fed Square To Cry | Urban ...

Pretty much over this thing but it has lingered on, the cough is still there but only really the odd outburst now and again and taste buds are slowly coming back, the sharper a taste or spice the better at one point I could have drank a pint of chilli sauce or vinegar and wouldn't have known.

1 minute ago, pub car king said:

Pretty much over this thing but it has lingered on, the cough is still there but only really the odd outburst now and again and taste buds are slowly coming back, the sharper a taste or spice the better at one point I could have drank a pint of chilli sauce or vinegar and wouldn't have known.

Tennents, mate.

Its called Tennents.