Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Guest Moomintroll

It baffles me that the police are having to put out warnings for people that the rules still apply despite the fact it's going to hit 15 degrees celsius tomorrow. 
The Pozbairds of this world will no doubt be flocking to the beach at Troon, but doing so as a married couple doing married couple things because they're normal so that makes it alright.

Why don't you just ignore them, it will improve your existential experience massively?

10 hours ago, bennett said:

We'll soon be coming in to the pollen seasons, lots of sneezing and runny noses etc...

My experience is you don't sneeze when you are running because your airways are completely open. There is sometimes the need for a footballers grog but you wouldn't do that near anyone regardless of pandemics. 

13 minutes ago, cyderspaceman said:

So, 50% of deaths in the 0-80 age group and 50% of deaths in the 81-160 age group.

What's your point?

That people die, and most of them tend to be old. Just to add to the stats, the NHS say less than 1% of Covid deaths have been in under 40s.

Just now, bendan said:

That people die, and most of them tend to be old. Just to add to the stats, the NHS say less than 1% of Covid deaths have been in under 40s.

At 500 deaths a day that would give you about 150 deaths a month in under 40s.

I don't know why you've split it that way, would you expect guys in their 40s or 50s to be dying soon anyway? My parents are mid-50s and I'd hope I can get another 25-30 years with them.

1 minute ago, Marshmallo said:

I don't know why you've split it that way, would you expect guys in their 40s or 50s to be dying soon anyway? My parents are mid-50s and I'd hope I can get another 25-30 years with them.

We aren’t going to see 500 deaths a day for a month, it will go up and up and will likely see 1000 in a day at our peak and then the numbers will start to reduce. 

2 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

It's the NHS splitting the stats, not me. You wouldn't expect people in their 40s and 50s to die soon, and you also wouldn't expect them to die of this either, because few do.

8 minutes ago, throbber said:

We aren’t going to see 500 deaths a day for a month, it will go up and up and will likely see 1000 in a day at our peak and then the numbers will start to reduce. 

Projecting the graph below suggests we'll hit the 1000 pd in about 10 days time unless the curve starts to level off before then.

graph.png