Coronavirus (COVID-19)

I just unfortunately encountered the not so nice side of the NHS down at AYR hospital. Taking my 81 year old mother for an eye appointment I let her off at the door while I parked the car, however when i entered i got stopped by a torn faced bitch of a nurse who asked what i was doing, i explained i was down with my mum who I pointed to sitting alone in a waiting room through a locked door. The response was "you can't come in here, get out", I then asked where I should go, the response was "outside". Next question I explained that she was waiting on me appearing and would be worried if I didn't, response, "I'll tell her". Next I asked how I'd know when she was out as she didn't have a phone, response was "don't know", I then asked when she "might" be out, response "don't know". Finally I asked what she thought I should do then ? Was told "don't know, that's your problem" as I say, a total bitch. I get shes under pressure (although the hospital was empty) but so are most of us and personally I could be doing without the serious attitude problem.

You are thinking of rune-reading.  The scientific method is all about reproducibility and, by definition, something that hasn't happened can't be reproduced.
From wikipedia ( yeah, I know, bite me)

Although procedures vary from one field of inquiry to another, they are frequently the same from one to another. The process of the scientific method involves making conjectures (hypotheses), deriving predictions from them as logical consequences, and then carrying out experiments or empirical observations based on those predictions.[5][6] A hypothesis is a conjecture, based on knowledge obtained while seeking answers to the question. The hypothesis might be very specific, or it might be broad. Scientists then test hypotheses by conducting experiments or studies. A scientific hypothesis must be falsifiable, implying that it is possible to identify a possible outcome of an experiment or observation that conflicts with predictions deduced from the hypothesis; otherwise, the hypothesis cannot be meaningfully tested.[7]

Make conjecture
Derive PREDICTIONS from the conjecture
Test predictions.

3 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I just unfortunately encountered the not so nice side of the NHS down at AYR hospital. Taking my 81 year old mother for an eye appointment I let her off at the door while I parked the car, however when i entered i got stopped by a torn faced bitch of a nurse who asked what i was doing, i explained i was down with my mum who I pointed to sitting alone in a waiting room through a locked door. The response was "you can't come in here, get out", I then asked where I should go, the response was "outside". Next question I explained that she was waiting on me appearing and would be worried if I didn't, response, "I'll tell her". Next I asked how I'd know when she was out as she didn't have a phone, response was "don't know", I then asked when she "might" be out, response "don't know". Finally I asked what she thought I should do then ? Was told "don't know, that's your problem" as I say, a total bitch. I get shes under pressure (although the hospital was empty) but so are most of us and personally I could be doing without the serious attitude problem.

Had the same experience in the Victoria hospital in Kirkcaldy last year. Nurse was horrible and started shouting at a women who couldn’t walk to hurry up. They’ve been understaffed and stressed for years. Still it’s not nice to experience.

2 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

You are thinking of rune-reading.  The scientific method is all about reproducibility and, by definition, something that hasn't happened can't be reproduced.

ONLY something that has already happened can be reproduced.  It's basically the definition of 'reproduced'.

1 minute ago, D.A.F.C said:

Had the same experience in the Victoria hospital in Kirkcaldy last year. Nurse was horrible and started shouting at a women who couldn’t walk to hurry up. They’ve been understaffed and stressed for years. Still it’s not nice to experience.

My dad was in crosshouse for a week in february and they couldn't have been nicer but the one I've just encountered (and yours by the sound) need to be sent on some public relations course (after the covid outbreak dies down obviously) !!!

8 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I hope that nurse and Amanda Holden get the fatal form of the virus. 

Just now, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:
Keep it down please I am just going for a wee snooze

Snooze complete and I dont mind admitting I had a very nice time.

Did you have any nice dreams?

9 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

My dad was in crosshouse for a week in february and they couldn't have been nicer but the one I've just encountered (and yours by the sound) need to be sent on some public relations course (after the covid outbreak dies down obviously) !!!

I'll not bother sharing a few experiences at Ayr, wasn't impressed. 

I hope that people realise that we are going to have to endure a number of shite films about COVID-19 in the coming years.

Unlike many ‘disaster’ film plots where we have no idea what happened, all of us will have lived through this and realise what pish they will be.

Edited by Granny Danger