Coronavirus (COVID-19)

7 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Fair play, you've got me bang to rights. I drove from my home in Glasgow to my parent's house in Falkirk during a global pandemic to try and log in to some lunatic on Pie and Bovril's account.

^^^^^ reported.

Craig Murray totally missing the point as usual..

Nobody knows how deadly this virus is. There have not been, anywhere, sufficient reliable large general population samples to know what percentage of people who get the virus will die. We just do not know how many people in the UK have had it and not got seriously ill. My suspicion is that in a couple of years time it will be discovered the mortality rate was under 1%.

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2020/04/how-it-starts/

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
3 hours ago, mathematics said:
That’s a bagpipe reception and at round of applause from M&S staff this morning.
Shopping once this is over is going to be so underwhelming.

8pm tonight clap for our brave pipers

@Flybhoy will be going up and down the street like...……...

See the source image

9 hours ago, GordonS said:

Over the last 5 winters we've had 12,000-28,000 excess mortality due to flu each winter in the UK. It'll be a while before we can compare this year's number for excess mortality with those. But bear in mind, those are 'do nothing' years - no social distancing, case isolation, hygiene, none of that. The modelled 'do nothing' figure for Covid-19 was around half a million deaths. Also, the 'do nothing' figure doesn't include anything about people dying of otherwise treatable conditions due to lack of resources.

On excess mortality, the pic below is the first thing I've seen trying to consider it. The daily death rate in the highly affected regions far outstrips the Covid-19 deaths plus the typical background level. How many of those additional deaths are undiagnosed or unrecorded Covid-19 case and how many are something else, we can't know yet and might never know. But the actual excess mortality level is clearly very high.

EUooHa0X0AIj7nY.jpg

6 hours ago, bendan said:

I agree that we need to stop the NHS from being overwhelmed, so I don't think a temporary shutdown is an over reaction, but even papers like the Guardian are highlighting outlier cases and pretending they are common (younger people dying). 

Your stats are odd. Are you saying the vast majority of the excess deaths caused by flu don't reach ICU? I didn't even know they tested for influenza. As with Covid-19, it's the possible subsequent pneumonia that kills.

I could take a guess but I don't know enough to explain the difference between excess mortality attributed to flu, and flu deaths in hospital. Most people don't die in hospital, the majority die in a care home or at home, so that must be involved in it to some degree.

I do know that it helps to look at excess mortality across a season or year, to understand how many people were just finished off by a flu and it only took weeks or months off their life, and how many were properly killed by it. 

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Prince Charles will ‘virtually’ open the Nightingale hospital in London.

Even in the middle of a crisis like this they can’t drop the ceremonial pish and just get on with things.

My thoughts exactly.  These cnts can't open a packet of crisps without engaging some C list celebrity,

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

:lol:

You never disappoint you auld fool.

2 hours ago, Rugster said:

The majority of his posts are nonsense, but particularly those late of an evening/in the early hours of the morning after he's been on the gungha din for a few hours.

Thought yous were talking about SlipperyP who does post nonsense but entertaining nonsense.

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

These nurse/doctor pics have all been a bit one-sided so here's on that looks a bit like Gregor Buchanan:

Hot-Doctor-Instagram.jpg

P&B has come a long way in a decade.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Even in the middle of a crisis like this they can’t drop the ceremonial pish and just get on with things

Aye!!! Absolute fuckin farce. 

1 hour ago, Forest_Fifer said:

The scientific method is ALL ABOUT prediction. You make a hypothesis based on observations, you then make predictions based on that hypothesis, and then test them by experiment.

You are thinking of rune-reading.  The scientific method is all about reproducibility and, by definition, something that hasn't happened can't be reproduced.

Following in from the 5G tweet earlier, Amanda Holden has tweeted out a link to a petition linking 5G to Coronavirus.

Have any of the P&B crackpots gone down the 5G route yet?

Fair play, you've got me bang to rights. I drove from my home in Glasgow to my parent's house in Falkirk during a global pandemic to try and log in to some lunatic on Pie and Bovril's account.
Thanks for the admittance on record.
I was actually swaying towards Alan from camelon [emoji106][emoji8]

4 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Following in from the 5G tweet earlier, Amanda Holden has tweeted out a link to a petition linking 5G to Coronavirus.

"Do your recherche" 

Ffs

Guest Moomintroll

Saw quite a bit on my FB feed, some people are beyond saving.