Coronavirus (COVID-19)

30 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Some of the papers this morning reporting the c**tish behaviour of fly-tipping. Fife for example -

Scenes like this are common across Fife.

Have the council (there) stopped lifting the rubbish?

5 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

:lol:

You never disappoint you auld fool.

The majority of his posts are nonsense, but particularly those late of an evening/in the early hours of the morning after he's been on the gungha din for a few hours.

1 minute ago, Rugster said:

The majority of his posts are nonsense, but particularly those late of an evening/in the early hours of the morning after he's been on the gungha din for a few hours.

Aye, it doesn't take a scientist to predict that he canny handle his drink.

3 hours ago, Fullerene said:

Upon further interrogation the arrested man revealed his name to be Dr Emmett Brown who was travelling with his wife Clara and sons Jules and Verne.

He appeared incoherent and his latest remarks were "I don't get it.  Are we still in the year 2020?  I think the virus stopped me getting up to 88".

The investigation continues. 

back to the future GIF

10 minutes ago, Mr Tourette said:

I’ve just had a “ghostie” two days on the trot. What is the statistical probability of that?

Love a ghostie.

I've just done a "mega-zord double flusher" two days on the trot.

Quite proud.

Do you remember the swine flu lockdown?
doh! 

:1eye

2 things- first you said that Swine Flu killed more than Covid-19 ever would and now you're saying the WHO overestimated Swine Flu deaths (for some unspecified reason, as all "good" conspiracy theories seem to contain) so which is it? Was the Swine flu pandemic a lot worse than Covid-19 or was the WHO exaggerating the number of deaths? Secondly there was a limited lockdown for Swine flu, at least in Education. We had staff off with suspected swine flu (even if they hadn't been confirmed), pupils were told to stay away if they or any of their family members were showing symptoms and vulnerable children were asked to stay at home in case they caught it. So yes, I do remember it.

Have the council (there) stopped lifting the rubbish?

Fife have said they'll prioritise landfill and food waste uplifts so my paper bin wasn't emptied last week but my landfill was this week. They've closed the recycling centres and suspended bulky item uplifts except for those that were already on the books. Bit of a pain in the arse for this correspondent as we have a double bed, three chests of drawers and a wardrobe to get rid off before the bambino arrives in June and we'd hoped to use this time to clear out the spare room, paint it and get the child furniture and cot etc. put in instead. But at the moment the spare room can't be emptied unless we want to leave everything out in the garden which is next to a public footpath and so wouldn't exactly look nice.

Glasgow have suspended food bin collections and advise putting food into general waste, unfortunately leaving a half full food bin in our close presumably to rot and stink out the garden for the summer.

My lockdown achievement yesterday was shovelling out all the manky putrid shite from that bin into heavy waste bags  and cleaning the bin.

I don’t suppose anyone else in the close would have done it and we have quite a nice wee communal garden which is good for the children.

Unfortunately living in a tenement, bins, rubbish and thoughtless neighbours are a constant source of heads gone rage. 

Edited by Snobot

I see Spain have leapfrogged italy in the table. Albeit Italy's match is later today. Deaths are well down which is good sign.

Bizarrely in the stats that only 135 people have totally recovered !!!

1% presumably being Matt Hesacock20200403_105910.thumb.jpeg.a174ef46164c521a515b772dbe00ad42.jpeg

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Johnson, Hancock and co. are stumbling from one fiasco to another.  A bit of confusion and unpreparedness at the start was not surprising but as time goes on they are becoming less organised and effective not more.

Hancock’s pledge on testing will not be met and we are likely to see testing that produce incomplete and/or inaccurate results in an attempt to save face.

Once the worst of this is over people need to be held to account.

I thought the whole point of Brexit was that Global Britain was going to show the world how things are done.

All that from someone who is stuck in bed with a thermometer in his mouth who has told he can't go out until he is better.

😣

Is this current pandemic reason enough to bring back Jeremy Kyle ??  They could get all the "guests" from the past to roll up at the studios and house them all plus Kyle within the green rooms for 2 weeks till, humanely, they will all get their test "results" and meet the true level of "aftercare" the show promised.  This way, it will save them having to look for a job when the pandemic subsides and many can leave their tooth for scientific studies.  Just trying to be proactive and solve one of society's big problems at the same time. 

22 minutes ago, Snafu said:

If you educated yourself into how the virus is spread you would already know this and it pretty much backs up what I was told at work as well. As I've said its more of a comforter or a behavioral reminder I don't have a problem with it if it helps to calm people down.

Coronavirus: Face masks 'don't work for general public'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-52149139

Coronavirus is spread by droplets that can spray into the air when those infected talk, cough and sneeze.

These can enter the body through the eyes, nose and mouth, either directly or after touching a contaminated object.

I often think about this whenever I see folk with masks on.  Surely if wearing a mask is good enough, you should wear some goggles as well.

Guest Moomintroll
6 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Why are there always arseholes.
Marshy is my chief suspect. Last hacking attempt was from Falkirk area.Screenshot_20200403-113324_Email.jpeg

If the IP address matches anyone's on here, they should be banned straight away, behaviour of a creepy arsehole.

4 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

I often think about this whenever I see folk with masks on.  Surely if wearing a mask is good enough, you should wear some goggles as well.

It's not about protection for yourself, it's about making it much less likely that you will spread it on to others. Think of it as a permanent hanky for clatty b*****ds who don't bother (or simply forget) to cover a sneeze or cough and then take the advised hand-washing measures.