Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Switched over to STV to see a report from America and some redneck militia group going through training exercises for when “law and order breaks down”. ‘Murica yeah 
They're more likely to be the reason why "law and order breaks down"

2 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

If masks were available im fair certain a lot of people would wear them to the shops.

Even if they had zero benefit people would feel less anxious perhaps.

But they aren't available, which kind of makes that report pointless

There clearly are masks available as half of the space cadets in the supermarket are already wearing them. There are very few that would stop you from potentially catching the virus from the air around you (which should be directed to frontline staff) but plenty of more basic masks that would at least reduce the risk of spreading your own infection (potentially without any symptoms) to others.

It’d be a full-blown minter look but if it got the pubs and football back a bit earlier in return then it’s worth the sacrifice.

Just now, virginton said:

There clearly are masks available as half of the space cadets in the supermarket are already wearing them. There are very few that would stop you from potentially catching the virus from the air around you (which should be directed to frontline staff) but plenty of more basic masks that would at least reduce the risk of spreading your own infection (potentially without any symptoms) to others.

It’d be a full-blown minter look but if it got the pubs and football back a bit earlier in return then it’s worth the sacrifice.

Fair enough. I haven't been in a shop for a few weeks now, and i saw a picture of a guy wearing a trainer over his face the other day 😂

I guess part of the problem with the masks is they will be reused which is probably not ideal.

54 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Feels like whenever I go out either to the shop or for a walk I’m the only c**t that actually gives a f**k about social distancing. Regularly being the only one who makes an obvious effort to keep a safe distance from other people while most just carry on as they were as if I’m not there. Special mention to cyclists and joggers for being the worst of the lot. What the f**k is wrong with people?

Definitely. Same when I’m out my walk, I’m ALWAYS the one standing on the verge or moving onto the road to let folk past, as they clearly don’t give a f**k about moving out of my way. The entitled p***ks 

3 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Clearly you’ve not visited Ayrshire this week. A ton of folk stoating about wearing DIY masks they’ve found in the shed 

I seen a woman earlier who decided her scarf will do the job.

Now that I think about it she may just have been robbing Farmfoods.

Edited by Gaz FFC

1 hour ago, eez-eh said:

Feels like whenever I go out either to the shop or for a walk I’m the only c**t that actually gives a f**k about social distancing. Regularly being the only one who makes an obvious effort to keep a safe distance from other people while most just carry on as they were as if I’m not there. Special mention to cyclists and joggers for being the worst of the lot. What the f**k is wrong with people?

I've found folk to be obeying it pretty well most of the time, though it's definitely worse in the supermarket than out on the street

59 minutes ago, virginton said:

There clearly are masks available as half of the space cadets in the supermarket are already wearing them.

I reckon they're nicked by NHS workers etc and doled out or sold to their friends, been trying to get hold of some for emergencies on and off for weeks now and got nowhere, without paying something ridiculous. Finally found some for a half reasonable price on ebay only to be told later by ebay that it was likely a crook and to put a claim in if they didn't arrive, due tomorrow. They're probably of some use if you end up on a packed bus or something, but if you're just walking around and keeping your distance I don't see the point. You can't even get builder's dust masks anymore from what I can see.

3 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

It's an absoloute nap the the weekly clap for our NHS and carers will soon incorporate clapping for our brave boys. Especially with the TA weekend warriors due to get their first sniff of action.

Had some bellend on my Twitter today telling me it was political and disrespectful to the British Army to call it NHS Lousia Jordan.

Zoomers gonna zoom. If only they knew they were zooming.

5 hours ago, Gaz said:

She's probably just doing it as a big GIRUY considering the amount of imbeciles who have ignored climatologists for decades

She's hardly a climatologist, she's as close to being a climate change denier as it's possible to be without going full moon-unit. No surprise to see her being wrong and weird on Covid-19 too, the cross over between that crowd and climate change deniers is remarkable. 

Been quite impressed with the measures my local Sainsbury has taken in regard to the present situation. More so having went into my local Aldi today for the first time since the lockdown. If I ever catch it I'll know where I got it.

7 hours ago, Oleksandr said:

The thing is this is a 1 time only thing I think, so say Greta tries in the future to close everything down in the future do you think people will go along with it now they know what it's like? "Close the roads stop flying" no thank you we've tried that it wasn't fun

The only message Greta has is that we should listen to the science.

Do you reject science?