Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Seems quite a few people in my neighbourhood were filming themselves clapping for what I assume will be posted on social media for “likes” rather than through any sort of empathy for care workers.  Narcs [emoji849]

Aye, that was my feeling last week watching it on telly. Loads of smiley faces with the “look at me” when there was a tv crew in the street.

13 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Me, I'm going to be fucking minted after this. I'm freezing mortgages, credit cards, loans, school fees and everything else I'm being offered while sticking the cash away. Not being able to go out and spend the cash helps as well. 

'Mon the Covid. 

Freezing your mortgage costs you over the long term.

I expect freezing credit cards will as well. 

45 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Whilst it may be interesting to record daily hospital admissions as a measure of the effectiveness of restrictions, you would still expect the percentage of positive tests to fall, followed by the absolute number.

That and deaths.

Time for first symptoms to death published in China varied from 6-41 days. Add on the incubation period and even taking the lowest figures it's too early to tell.

Just now, Detournement said:

Freezing your mortgage costs you over the long term.

I expect freezing credit cards will as well. 

Interest is frozen on credit card for 6 months.

Mortgage interest is capitalised but the money not being spent just now is getting invested elsewhere. 

The Trump Organization is reportedly looking to delay some of its loan payments as it struggles amid the pandemic.

The New York Times reports:

With some of its golf courses and hotels closed amid the economic lockdown, the Trump Organization has been exploring whether it can delay payments on some of its loans and other financial obligations, according to people familiar with the matter and documents reviewed by The New York Times.

Representatives of Mr. Trump’s company have recently spoken with Deutsche Bank, the president’s largest creditor, about the possibility of postponing payments on at least some of its loans from the bank.

And in Florida, the Trump Organization sought guidance last week from Palm Beach County about whether it expected the company to continue making monthly payments on county land that it leases for a 27-hole golf club.

Donald-Trump-unhappy-or-meh-face.jpg

3 minutes ago, speckled tangerine said:

The Trump Organization is reportedly looking to delay some of its loan payments as it struggles amid the pandemic.

The New York Times reports:

With some of its golf courses and hotels closed amid the economic lockdown, the Trump Organization has been exploring whether it can delay payments on some of its loans and other financial obligations, according to people familiar with the matter and documents reviewed by The New York Times.

Representatives of Mr. Trump’s company have recently spoken with Deutsche Bank, the president’s largest creditor, about the possibility of postponing payments on at least some of its loans from the bank.

And in Florida, the Trump Organization sought guidance last week from Palm Beach County about whether it expected the company to continue making monthly payments on county land that it leases for a 27-hole golf club.

Donald-Trump-unhappy-or-meh-face.jpg

Really really fucking unlucks this. Devastated to read this

41 minutes ago, red23 said:

now the carers have finished clapping themselves they can get back to wiping shite off peoples arses and clearing some old blokes build up of smeg.

Ew.  The minutiae of 'caring' isn't pleasant. I don't even like doing those things to me.      Clap clap clappity clap.

10 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Radio 4's In Our Time this morning was about The Gin Craze and Melvin didn't mention me:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b084zk6z

I feel cheated.

Fantastic! Went to see the Hogarth exhibition at John Sloane museum a few months back, gin Lane and beer street the obvious highlights

Biophysicist Felix Scholkmann has confirmed the fact that in the US (as in the rest of the world), it is not the number of „infected“ people that is increasing exponentially, but the number of tests. The number of „infected“ people in relation to the number of tests remains basically constant (oscillating between 10 and 20%), which speaks againsta current viral epidemic.

image.png.77e0acb1b2ee0b39110ecd73f27e2293.png

Number of positive and negative tests (left) and percantage of positive tests (right) (Scholkmann, US data)

20% of a number which is rising exponentially, is a number which is rising exponentially. You fucking spanner.

I mean, you can actually see the upwards trend on the right hand graph as well.