Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Wife was out clapping. 
I don't know about you but I'm finding this "stay in your homes because we say so" followed by "come out your homes and clap and if you don't, you're a c**t" all a bit orwellesque.
After that briefing from Hancock tonight it's all becoming a bit two minute hate for my liking.

See also "grass up your neighbour for going for two walks in one day even though that's permitted under the new laws".

11 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Boy across the road came out, fag hanging out his mooth, clapped three times then went back in.

I'd keep an eye on him if I was you, sounds like the kind of fella your Mrs would go visit wile you're at a Concrete Conference.

6 minutes ago, speckled tangerine said:

Wife was out clapping. 

I don't know about you but I'm finding this "stay in your homes because we say so" followed by "come out your homes and clap and if you don't, you're a c**t" all a bit orwellesque.*

*Orwellian

33 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Its almost like they're getting a controlled dose to give them immunity.

Seeing that a good number of people now coming down with the virus having attending the Cheltenham Festival, not just Camilla P-B's ex husband.

We are seeing more and more apparently healthy people under the age of 50 now dead or in intensive care after catching the virus.

I did wonder if the cluster of cases in the midlands and Wales could have in part been directly related to Cheltenham.

I'll hold my hands up and say I was in the "hold it" camp, being a bit of a National Hunt enthusiast, but on hindsight it perhaps wasn't the best idea.

13 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

The c***s were still going with bells, pans, and whooping. And still are now.

It's a desperate attempt by some to be seen to be doing something.

The folk doing the clapping will be the same folk who start wearing poppies in September.

1 minute ago, Bert Raccoon said:

I'd keep an eye on him if I was you, sounds like the kind of fella your Mrs would go visit wile you're at a Concrete Conference.

Unfortunately for me the next one (Czech Republic next month) has been cancelled. Seething.

20 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Cheltenham was 3 weeks ago. Symptoms show between 5-10 days on average after exposure. The twats that attended the “races” would have been ill/dead long before now

Incubation period is 1-14 days, and you can be a week into symptoms before they're severe enough to put you into hospital. 

I'll be the talk of my street, started emptying my recycling (All glass bottles) as they started clapping. Completely forgot about it but continued nonetheless.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'll be the talk of my street, started emptying my recycling (All glass bottles) as they started clapping. Completely forgot about it but continued nonetheless.

There was a woman in my street out banging two pots together so they probably thought you were taking part.

40 minutes ago, The DA said:

I don't want to minimize the impact on those impacted but I wonder how quickly replacement businesses will open up - one bakery shuts and another opens to meet the demand.

And then I think, 'who's going to have the money to open a fucking bakery after this debacle?'.

Me, I'm going to be fucking minted after this. I'm freezing mortgages, credit cards, loans, school fees and everything else I'm being offered while sticking the cash away. Not being able to go out and spend the cash helps as well. 

'Mon the Covid.