Coronavirus (COVID-19)

16 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Matt Hancock is a c**t.

Not sure if that answers your question but it is pertinent.

He is a c**t but it very much looked like he was pushed out to take the rap. 

Just now, MixuFixit said:
3 minutes ago, The DA said:
What if they've got more than one home?  Would your welding skills stretch to that?

In these cases I'd suggest quartering them and welding one bit to each home

You've been reading too much Hilary Mantel.  But I like your thinking.

Biophysicist Felix Scholkmann has confirmed the fact that in the US (as in the rest of the world), it is not the number of „infected“ people that is increasing exponentially, but the number of tests. The number of „infected“ people in relation to the number of tests remains basically constant (oscillating between 10 and 20%), which speaks againsta current viral epidemic.

image.png.77e0acb1b2ee0b39110ecd73f27e2293.png

Number of positive and negative tests (left) and percantage of positive tests (right) (Scholkmann, US data)

29 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

He announce 6 days ago that he had tested positive: I'd have thought the NHS advice of 7 days self isolation would have been from that point.

He stated 'Vital we follow the advice to protect our NHS & save lives

People should be asking questions of the idiot.

Totally agree. But like I said, people should be asking why the who and almost every other country says 14 days of quarantine and our govt only says 7. Its almost like they want it to spread. 

On 31/03/2020 at 14:50, Snafu said:

Never, ever, ever start a post like that. Just be glad @Oleksandr is not watching right now. :lol:

The thing is this is a 1 time only thing I think, so say Greta tries in the future to close everything down in the future do you think people will go along with it now they know what it's like? "Close the roads stop flying" no thank you we've tried that it wasn't fun

2 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I went out for shopping earlier, driving down the high street was an eerie sight. Horrible to see so many family run places shut and wondering if they’ll ever open back up again. Really think this will “kill” a lot of independently run businesses 

I don't want to minimize the impact on those impacted but I wonder how quickly replacement businesses will open up - one bakery shuts and another opens to meet the demand.

And then I think, 'who's going to have the money to open a fucking bakery after this debacle?'.