Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 hours ago, Turkmenbashi said:

Probably because these are least important things in the grand scheme of things. Also many people will travel from other locations to attend these. Whereas everything else (except maybe work), involves less traveling from other areas

If the lockdowns were all about protecting public health then whether or not an activity is 'important' is irrelevant: you free people to do activities again in the order of least to highest risk instead.

If any government is seriously planning to open public schools as their first lockdown relief measure step then their country won't get back to normal again for fucking years. That's like being in the middle of a Victorian cholera outbreak and deciding to let all the weans back out to play next to the communal sewer.

1 minute ago, ayrmad said:

It's actually a joke that she's 1st every time.

I was wondering if the Tories are taking the pish and she might be embarrassed by it, or she's in "I'm top of the class!" school Head Girl mode. 

Boris said you should go out for necessities as infrequently as possible. Whether that actually made it into the legislation though is anyone's guess. If it did, I would say a walk to the shop for the paper every day is not going for necessities as infrequently as possible. [emoji2369] 
As far as I can see it didn't.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ssi/2020/103/contents/made

"(5) In paragraph (4), a reasonable excuse includes the need—
(a)to obtain basic necessities, including food and medical supplies for those in the same household (including any pets or animals in the household) or for a vulnerable person and supplies for the essential upkeep, maintenance and functioning of the household or the household of a vulnerable person, or to obtain money,
(b)to take exercise, either alone or with other members of their household,"

I couldn't find any reference to "you can only use each of these reasonable excuses once in each 24 hour period" or something like that. Anyway, that's the legislation. Advice from government(s) tends to be more stringent but I doubt you could be prosecuted/fined for not obeying govt guidance that isn't backed up by law.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

I was wondering if the Tories are taking the pish and she might be embarrassed by it, or she's in "I'm top of the class!" school Head Girl mode. 

There's a chance she's top Head Girl. 

7 minutes ago, resk said:

As far as I can see it didn't.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ssi/2020/103/contents/made

"(5) In paragraph (4), a reasonable excuse includes the need—
(a)to obtain basic necessities, including food and medical supplies for those in the same household (including any pets or animals in the household) or for a vulnerable person and supplies for the essential upkeep, maintenance and functioning of the household or the household of a vulnerable person, or to obtain money,
(b)to take exercise, either alone or with other members of their household,"

I couldn't find any reference to "you can only use each of these reasonable excuses once in each 24 hour period" or something like that. Anyway, that's the legislation. Advice from government(s) tends to be more stringent but I doubt you could be prosecuted/fined for not obeying govt guidance that isn't backed up by law.

Notice no mention of the exercise once a day banter in the legislation either. Cheers for looking that up 👍 

35 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
3 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:
Wait until you get to my age, it doesn't really matter what they look like.

Breathing being the main criteria?

Well, I'm no The Oldie scoop that exposed Jimmy Savile - The Oldieso, yes.

9 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

I'm maybe missing something, or it's been brought up here already, but Matt Hancock declared himself with symptoms 6 days ago, having been tested positive, yet there he is out in public.

What happened to self isolation? Don't the Tories have to follow the same advice as the rest of us?

I'm guessing he was experiencing symptoms before this and its now 7 days (or more) since he was first symptomatic. 

Of course that conveniently ignores the fact that the WHO advice is that you're symptomatic for 14 days and the uk are one of the few (only?) who say 7 days and not 14

28 minutes ago, madwullie said:

Yeah apologies re the Boris bit. 

Is buying a paper essential shopping? 

Serious suggestion.  If we get a three week extension to the ‘lockdown’ ask that question again.  

By then the possibility of a question like that resulting in a full meltdown should be pretty high.

15 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

I'm maybe missing something, or it's been brought up here already, but Matt Hancock declared himself with symptoms 6 days ago, having been tested positive, yet there he is out in public.

What happened to self isolation? Don't the Tories have to follow the same advice as the rest of us?

Matt Hancock is a c**t.

Not sure if that answers your question but it is pertinent.

6 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Serious suggestion.  If we get a three week extension to the ‘lockdown’ ask that question again.  

By then the possibility of a question like that resulting in a full meltdown should be pretty high.

I wonder how many papers will still be in existence by then.

3 minutes ago, madwullie said:

I'm guessing he was experiencing symptoms before this and its now 7 days (or more) since he was first symptomatic. 

Of course that conveniently ignores the fact that the WHO advice is that you're symptomatic for 14 days and the uk are one of the few (only?) who say 7 days and not 14

He announce 6 days ago that he had tested positive: I'd have thought the NHS advice of 7 days self isolation would have been from that point.

He stated 'Vital we follow the advice to protect our NHS & save lives

People should be asking questions of the idiot.