Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, Snafu said:

https://www.sidmouthherald.co.uk/sidmouth-joggers-ignore-covid-19-risk-1-6590917

‘Selfish’ joggers ignore Covid-19 risks and verbally abuse woman, 82, in Sidmouth

The 82-year-old woman described being verbally abused when she pointed out the risk to people running in the Byes.

She said: “I saw two people running together, and I said, ‘you should be two metres apart’. One of them said, ‘It doesn’t apply to us, it’s only you oldies”.

“Another person said, ‘I’m not getting off the path, it’s you who’s the problem’. It’s disgraceful.”

The woman said she always tries to observe the distancing rule as she walks her dog in the Byes early in the morning, but runners often pass close to her on narrow pathways.

She has stopped using the narrow bridge at the bottom of the Byes after too many incidents of joggers ignoring the two-metre rule there – one of whom ‘glowered’ at her when she asked them not to cross at the same time as her.

She said: “They get their headphones on and they’re completely oblivious to everyone around them.

“The virus has brought out the best and the worst in people. Some are totally irresponsible and selfish.”

I can say with 100,000% certainty this didn't happen.

Why is an 82 year old who has been told to isolate for 12 weeks taking the dog out a walk on a narrow bridge anyway?

Living in France but working in Geneva, the dream scenario for me will be if the French relax their restrictions but the Swiss remain in lockdown, meaning we’ll all still be working from home but I‘ll be swanning about town like a motherfucker.

Here’s hoping for good/grim death figures from Paris/Bern in the days to come.

2 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I can say with 100,000% certainty this didn't happen.

Why is an 82 year old who has been told to isolate for 12 weeks taking the dog out a walk on a narrow bridge anyway?

It was probably this bitch.

https://www.devonlive.com/news/devon-news/police-search-jogger-who-saved-3201466

3 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

That’s me on furlough or whatever for two months.

Exercise, painting stuff and doing online courses and full pay. Braw.

Braw?

eta   Just realised Horace looks like Rees-Mogg.

broons.jpeg

Edited by cyderspaceman

Have managed to get through this entire thread while (in the loosest term) working from home. To sum up so far, I'm not sure what's worse, the global rampaging virus or Jeremiah Cole's posts.

The global rampaging virus will eventually go away. Jerry? Not so much, unless someone empties him.

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

We got our messages delivered again today. Also stepdaughter and granddaughter get us odds and ends as and when, but basically what we got today should last us until next week. (Might have to raid the freezer/cupboards for one meal but we're fairly well covered.)

Good man yersel, for mentioning "messages"..!

I was talking to one of my neighbours about that, and used that very same word. She didn't know what the f**k I was talking about. Apparently they call "messages" shopping down here, for some weird reason.

Strange people the English.

14 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

A lot of people just don't want to face the possibility that the people in charge are incompetent when their, or their close one's, lives are at stake. It'll be interesting to see what the opinion polls look like when we're past the worst of this although the court jesters that make up the political media in this country will do their best to provide cover fire for the Tories.

Don't t think the English death totals are going to allow them to wriggle out, as UK were running in between Italy and Spain, take the diddies out and I'm sure they're over giving Spain a wee look. 

5 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

One thing I've seen observed is asking why on earth political correspondents are leading the stories, I've no idea who the health editors are for virtually any new organisation, surely this is their hour? I don't really care what Robert Peston thinks at the best of times but especially not now.

It's all my mate has talked about online. These people should've fucked off the minute this became a crisis and let the experts talk instead. Isn't Peston spending today trying to cover his arse for getting something blatantly wrong? Suppose I have to respect his commitment to posting through it even if he's literally one of the most prominent media figures in the country.

1 minute ago, ayrmad said:

Don't t think the English death totals are going to allow them to wriggle out, as UK were running in between Italy and Spain, take the diddies out and I'm sure they're over giving Spain a wee look. 

When Ian Blackford (cause obvs 'forensic at the dispatch box' Keir Starmer won't do it) criticises the herd immunity approach at the next PMQs you'll have half the courtesans demanding he apologise. Remember when Corbyn drew attention to Cameron's family being named in the Panama Papers and there was a news outlet asking whether Corbyn should resign for bringing it up?

2 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

That’s me on furlough or whatever for two months.

Exercise, painting stuff and doing online courses and full pay. Braw.

So your company are paying the 20% out of their pocket? Please remember that once you go back and start complaining relentlessly about them being the worst employers on planet Earth.

9 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

It's all my mate has talked about online. These people should've fucked off the minute this became a crisis and let the experts talk instead. Isn't Peston spending today trying to cover his arse for getting something blatantly wrong? Suppose I have to respect his commitment to posting through it even if he's literally one of the most prominent media figures in the country.

When Ian Blackford (cause obvs 'forensic at the dispatch box' Keir Starmer won't do it) criticises the herd immunity approach at the next PMQs you'll have half the courtesans demanding he apologise. Remember when Corbyn drew attention to Cameron's family being named in the Panama Papers and there was a news outlet asking whether Corbyn should resign for bringing it up?

I wouldn't be taking that tack if I was SNP at the moment. 

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

What if they think the same as you, lift the restrictions, and then infections and deaths start going up by the thousands a day, rather than the hundreds?

If the death rate etc keeps rising we'll firstly move to a more serious proper lockdown rather than this kiddy on half hearted affair we're in just now, which of course will suit the govt down to the ground as they're determined to shift the blame for this whole shit show onto the public and away from their criminal let's just see what happens do nothing negligence of the first few weeks

Edited by madwullie

So your company are paying the 20% out of their pocket? Please remember that once you go back and start complaining relentlessly about them being the worst employers on planet Earth.
That doesn't undo all the bad stuff but this time they've done the right thing.
Which is pretty much what every employer is doing.

30 minutes ago, Forest_Fifer said:
1 hour ago, thistledo said:
Have managed to get through this entire thread while (in the loosest term) working from home. To sum up so far, I'm not sure what's worse, the global rampaging virus or Jeremiah Cole's posts.

The global rampaging virus will eventually go away. Jerry? Not so much, unless someone empties him.

Quite funny. 

Do you do stand up?