Coronavirus (COVID-19)

14 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

At least when she has her scrubs on you wouldn't have to brush her hair back to tell her this.

Very Good, best to leave that patter to Tarmo, Dele and the rest of their fuckwit clique.

From 463 deaths UK had 2961 after 8 days. 

From 450 deaths France had 2311 after 8 days. 

From 463 deaths Italy had 2503 after 8 days. 

Correct the 1st time, WHO made a mistake. 

From 100 we're behind both, looks like our death rate is increasing. 

Edited by ayrmad

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

It’s being reported that only 2,000 NHS frontline staff in England have been tested.  Nicola Sturgeon has just said 3,200 staff  (and their families) have been tested.

Still not nearly enough but well ahead of the situation down south.

I was listening to the Welsh minister of health/chief medical officer and I'm sure he said 1500 NHS staff had been tested in Wales.

4 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

Not looking good.,hopefully I've missed a day out for us. 

Is it not also dependent on how long you choose to keep people alive artificially?

I was thinking about Schumacher and the German figures. Maybe they are just willing to keep people going for longer? 

1 minute ago, Detournement said:

Is it not also dependent on how long you choose to keep people alive artificially?

I was thinking about Schumacher and the German figures. Maybe they are just willing to keep people going for longer? 

I've no idea how that sort of thing works, Germany would be able to persevere for longer as they had a far better capacity to start with. 

27 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

It’s being reported that only 2,000 NHS frontline staff in England have been tested.  Nicola Sturgeon has just said that in Scotland 3,200 NHS staff  (and their families) have been tested.

One of a few examples where we seem to be doing a little better, and they do say every little helps. 

4 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

That’s me on furlough or whatever for two months.

Exercise, painting stuff and doing online courses and full pay. Braw.

Ingemar Stenmark would be proud of the slaloming ability of your work. 

36 minutes ago, Gaz said:

I'm well aware yon Jeremiah is a troll but there are an insane amount of people who don't realise we haven't shut down the country because of the mortality rate, but because of the infection rate.

The doctor Chapo had on this week said another (potentially underreported) issue is that Covid sufferers require a lot of care and not just hospital space.

32 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

It’s being reported that only 2,000 NHS frontline staff in England have been tested.  Nicola Sturgeon has just said that in Scotland 3,200 NHS staff  (and their families) have been tested.

Isn't Ireland up to like 15000 tests or something? Think I read that somewhere but happy to admit I could be doing a Trump and taking numbers from one place and throwing them in elsewhere.

9 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

That’s me on furlough or whatever for two months.

Exercise, painting stuff and doing online courses and full pay. Braw.

Assolutely outstanding news. Two months of you not moaning about your work. Party time for us!

36 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

Correct the 1st time, WHO made a mistake. 

From 100 we're behind both, looks like our death rate is increasing. 

Probably sounding selfish here but I'm more concerned about the "Scotland" figures as opposed to UK, which of course are heavily skewed by London. We're also taking a slightly different approach up here and while the Scottish Government have made mistakes and are far from perfect, they do seem much more competent and aware of the situation in comparison to their English / British counterparts.

9 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

The doctor Chapo had on this week said another (potentially underreported) issue is that Covid sufferers require a lot of care and not just hospital space.

Isn't Ireland up to like 15000 tests or something? Think I read that somewhere but happy to admit I could be doing a Trump and taking numbers from one place and throwing them in elsewhere.

Would that be health staff?

Edited by ayrmad