Coronavirus (COVID-19)

13 minutes ago, Detournement said:

I agree about risk for the vast majority of individuals. I'm working 6 days a week and I'm not worried at all. 

However if we retain the standards that have been set during this outbreak about risk as a society then travel restrictions will be required. There is no guarantee that becoming immune in the spring/summer will make you immune in the winter or that different strains that currently exist won't be able to create a second wave.

You can't honestly live your life like that, as you're not really living at all.

By all means mitigate risk where possible, however why would you have travel restrictions when you've as much chance of catching the virus in Oban as you have in Benalmadena ?

It's obviously up to the other country to decide if they're letting you in, but personally I'd be more than willing to take my chances abroad. 

Let's be honest, you've a far greater risk of getting mugged or stabbed by a Ned / junkie in Blackpool than you have of catching a serious illness in Sopot, not to mention Britain is ridiculously expensive, full of dicks, poor standards and the service is pathetic for the most part.

7 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Bear bile, explained

I severely doubt it's ability to tackle Covid-19. 

Yes, but they seem to accept it has other beneficial effects. HTF did the Chinese discover that? Random acts of drinking bat's piss or lizard vomit or bear's bile, etc?

Edited by cyderspaceman

5 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

You can't honestly live your life like that, as you're not really living at all.

By all means mitigate risk where possible, however why would you have travel restrictions when you've as much chance of catching the virus in Oban as you have in Benalmadena ?

It's obviously up to the other country to decide if they're letting you in, but personally I'd be more than willing to take my chances abroad. 

Let's be honest, you've a far greater risk of getting mugged or stabbed by a Ned / junkie in Blackpool than you have of catching a serious illness in Sopot, not to mention Britain is ridiculously expensive, full of dicks, poor standards and the service is pathetic for the most part.

You can live perfectly fine without going abroad. More people should try leaving the house in the UK rather than 48 weeks in the house watching telly, a fortnight holiday, a city break and Christmas.

The cost of a second lockdown massively outweighs you wanting a cheap holiday. 

2 minutes ago, Detournement said:

You can live perfectly fine without going abroad. More people should try leaving the house in the UK rather than 48 weeks in the house watching telly, a fortnight holiday, a city break and Christmas.

I'm sure you don't really mean to come across like this, but you give off the impression that you want this to be as bad as possible.

1 hour ago, Turkmenbashi said:

I know a few people here have been infected, I am just wondering what were the initial symptoms like. I've got a sore throat right now, with a slight cough, and a very very mild fever, started off with temperature, then felt cold, now sweating quite a lot. Started on Tuesday, fine yesterday and back again today. I work from home and live by myself, but I've stayed indoors for the last few days. Under normal circumstances, I wouldn't even consider taking time off work with how I'm feeling. Just wondering if I could be infected, or am I just being paranoid. 

I had a really high fever from the start that lasted about 4 days,shortness of breath from day 2 until around day 8.Coughing and headache but not too bad.My Wife had roughly the same symptoms but coughed a lot more and had worse headaches.I would advise staying home for at least the 7 days mate.

Just now, Todd_is_God said:

I'm sure you don't really mean to come across like this, but you give off the impression that you want this to be as bad as possible.

No I want to be able visit friends and family, pubs open, sport back on and to be able to get into the hills as soon as possible. 

And I don't want a second lockdown because this is shite!

32 minutes ago, Jeremiah Cole said:

The nature of being in the minority is that I can’t read and respond to every single reply.

I honestly haven’t read any of your replies until now.

Now that I have seen your aggressive and narrow point of view, I won’t be replying in future either.

Thanks for the contribution 👍

Badass

1 minute ago, Detournement said:

Speak for yourself, I play Golf generally 2 to 3 times per week on the Ayrshire Riviera and also visit courses regularly around the country as well as following Ayr both Home and Away, so not exactly spending "48 weeks in the house watching TV".

Apart from this, my friends and I all made a conscious decision a few years back that we would stop the every weekend local shwalley sessions and instead go abroad as much as possible and explore / visit as many countries and Cities as we could, this was the best thing we've ever done and we're usually abroad about 7 times a year.

Poland is our favoured destination for a city break as is a great country with great people, excellent standards of accommodation, great food, good Beer, great vodka, gorgeous and friendly women and is fantastic value for money.

Would I seriously want to trade all that in for a week in some horrific English seaside hellhole etc ? 

eeh ? NO !!!!!!

Guest Moomintroll
I know a few people here have been infected, I am just wondering what were the initial symptoms like. I've got a sore throat right now, with a slight cough, and a very very mild fever, started off with temperature, then felt cold, now sweating quite a lot. Started on Tuesday, fine yesterday and back again today. I work from home and live by myself, but I've stayed indoors for the last few days. Under normal circumstances, I wouldn't even consider taking time off work with how I'm feeling. Just wondering if I could be infected, or am I just being paranoid. 
That sounds familiar although my sore throat developed a few hours after I started coughing, are you breathing ok?