Coronavirus (COVID-19)

58 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

If it's a package holiday it's rare to see foreigners on a UK airliner, as most people are going / returning from holiday and I don't imagine there are travel agents in Majorca advertising 14 nights all inclusive in Margate.

If it's a normal flight, i generally find there a higher number of people from the country of origin.

Great Britain is a much bigger island.  Nobody would base themselves in Margate to tour Britain.  Faulty comparison.

50 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Figures for 2019 are £48 billion spent abroad by UK tourists and £25 billion spent in the UK by foreign tourists. 

So a significant net loss. 

Not sure how that's a loss? 

Outflow, certainly, but loss? 

6 minutes ago, madwullie said:

I've tried to engage you three or four times by asking you questions mate, and you've completely ignored me every time. You're the only one trying to shut down the alternative point of view. 

Other people have done so too. But if the question was too hard you ignored them. You're not interested in debate or you'd have engaged with them. You're interested in your (other people you admire's) opinions being correct with no deviation. That's why you only C&P. It's painfully, embarrassingly, transparent

The nature of being in the minority is that I can’t read and respond to every single reply.

I honestly haven’t read any of your replies until now.

Now that I have seen your aggressive and narrow point of view, I won’t be replying in future either.

Thanks for the contribution 👍

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

If it's a package holiday it's rare to see foreigners on a UK airliner, as most people are going / returning from holiday and I don't imagine there are travel agents in Majorca advertising 14 nights all inclusive in Margate.

If it's a normal flight, i generally find there a higher number of people from the country of origin.

In my experience, flights to Portugal and Spain are generally around 70% to 30% in favour of UK nationals but Poland is usually 90% - 10% in favour of the Poles as many use them as commuter flights.

A lot also seems to depend on the time of year, summer months see more Brits heading abroad, but out of season I tend to see lots of Spaniards / Portuguese coming here on City breaks etc.

These are obviously just my own experiences but the long term damage to our economy through Airport closures and collapsed airlines alone, would be absolutely huge, and the same goes for our European neighbours, ultimately it won't be allowed to happen if it can at all be avoided.

7 minutes ago, Turkmenbashi said:

I don't think many in our 20s or 30s are worried about dying. Worried about killing yes, but not dying ourselves.

Yes, I wasn't meaning everyone, but a significant number think this is way more deadly than it actually is.

6 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

Great Britain is a much bigger island.  Nobody would base themselves in Margate to tour Britain.  Faulty comparison.

Margate is too trendy for tourists now.  Swamped by hipsters escaping from East London.

A pub that was holding a "lock-in" for regular drinkers has been shut down under new coronavirus legislation.

The licensee was serving drinks at The Blue Bell, in Nottinghamshire, unbeknownst to its owners, police said.

Nottinghamshire Police officers were called to weekend reports that drinks were being served and, along with Ashfield District Council, shut it.

All stock and alcohol has also now been removed from the premises, in Mansfield Road, Sutton-in-Ashfield.

No comment.

4 minutes ago, Jeremiah Cole said:

The nature of being in the minority is that I can’t read and respond to every single reply.

I honestly haven’t read any of your replies until now.

Now that I have seen your aggressive and narrow point of view, I won’t be replying in future either.

Thanks for the contribution 👍

Bulllshit

other news, I"m buying mayself some Low Khao

Large, whose real name was Hugh McGinnis, was born in Glasgow but grew up in Manchester. In recent years he lived in Portishead, near Bristol.

Who knew? 🤷‍♂️