Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Imagine linking to Toby fucking young to support your argument. The man who sums up the reason almost all of the contrarian fuckwits who've made a career from that grift are men - grew up being told they were clever wee boys who were never grew out of thinking they must know better than everyone else 

31 minutes ago, madwullie said:

People on my fb trying to get another clap for the nurses on the go again tonight. Sigh 😫🔫 

Supermarket workers will be as seething about this latest snub as they are whenever someone has the temerity to enter their store and try to buy things.

Edited by vikingTON

20 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

I've already posted some of that, unfortunately you've shown no appetite to accept that your position might be wrong. 

I’m the one in the extreme minority trying to argue an alternative view with people who won’t accept that they might be wrong. 

And for the sake of healthy debate you think I should accept that my position may be wrong?

yeh, I see your logic there 

31 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I'd think the opposite actually as the number one motivation for our Gov and many others is the Economy.

Tourism is absolutely essential to our own Economy and countries such as Portugal and Spain in particular, if we can start to see some sort of drop off in the infection rates and life gradually returning to normal (such as Italy is doing right now), then I see no reason why we can't be in Vilamoura come the winter for a nice golfing holiday coupled with some complete and utter debauchery in Cats at night.

There is no way the UK makes money on tourism. UK citizens surely spend more abroad than we gain in tourism revenue. 

22 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

Something will be worked out so we are checked out at the doctors and we get a pass/visa to say e are virus free or something like that.

I think this is likely as well but the travel insurance market is going to be fucked for much longer than that. I don’t bother with it for travelling in Europe but people travelling to dodgier countries (health and safety wise) in Asia for example or older tourists will face much higher costs in years to come.

1 minute ago, Jeremiah Cole said:

I’m the one in the extreme minority trying to argue an alternative view with people who won’t accept that they might be wrong. 

And for the sake of healthy debate you think I should accept that my position may be wrong?

yeh, I see your logic there 

Your tactics have been very poor, most will now take no notice of any of it, even the good stuff. 

11 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

The hashtag was clapforcarers, but there was a whole list of folk that included that they read out.

Cheers, won't be clapping but won't discourage Panda or anyone else, might occupy the minds of the more fearful for a few hours. 

Just now, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

If they can get results back from the tests quick enough.

At first I was thinking that is us until we get a vaccine but now I think we can work something out for most people. Probably not until next year.

They aren't going to instigate mass testing programs so that people can get a fortnight in Benidorm.