Coronavirus (COVID-19)

11 minutes ago, cyderspaceman said:

Couldn't find it on a quick google. They don't want it falling into the hands of our jakeys. 

Obviously I'd like to try it.  

Sorry I spelt it wrong Lao Khao.

You before

image.jpeg.77299eee748b0f8e6e2d1ecf7e322c37.jpeg

You after

image.jpeg.5f4bb3137a3c3528f21be80e33b57070.jpeg

Yes you have changed your cloths  and found a new hat!

ETA You gave at least half a bottle away, that's why you onlu have Q left in the second picture.

Edited by SlipperyP

14 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Budvar tastes like bread. Get it in the bin where it belongs. 

^^^ desperate to scrounge quality beer instead of fucking Amstel 

2 hours ago, Detournement said:

False positives aren't a problem though. 

No one should be flying now anyway unless absolutely necessary and I'd say every single person entering the UK should be getting 14 days in a hotel room on the government tab. 

Disagree. Travellers should be paying for the room themselves and be compelled to do so at the business end of a truncheon. 

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

The Guardian today have an article up about places to visit when lock down is over and the first one is Greece and the second one is fucking Christchurch! The idea that international travel is going to spring back into action is ridiculous. No one is going to be going on a foreign holiday for years.

Yeh it's a weird idea that international travel can be turned off and on like a tap for a start:

Airports have slashed staff numbers as have airlines independent hotels will go to the wall all across the globe, international chains that survive will also have ditched huge amounts of staff. There is going to be one hell of a recruitment drive once this is over but like you say I would expect it to be a couple of years before we see the dirt cheap package holidays people have been accustomed to return.

1 minute ago, 101 said:

Yeh it's a weird idea that international travel can be turned off and on like a tap for a start:

Airports have slashed staff numbers as have airlines independent hotels will go to the wall all across the globe, international chains that survive will also have ditched huge amounts of staff. There is going to be one hell of a recruitment drive once this is over but like you say I would expect it to be a couple of years before we see the dirt cheap package holidays people have been accustomed to return.

Cruises might be a lot cheaper though...

20 minutes ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

This is more mental a claim than some of the conspiracy nonsense on this thread.

Why?

We need to do whatever we can to avoid another lockdown. Getting back to normal in the UK is the priority not letting people travel about to areas with differing levels of infection and border security.

As expected, my "two weeks self isolation" given by my work who were also shutting for the two weeks, has ended, and as of today we're back to work as normal.

A mighty 3 days they lasted.

Edited by RandomGuy.

1 minute ago, MixuFixit said:

Wish this forum had a remindme function like reddit cos the idea no c**t is going on a holiday for years after this is for the birds.

This year anyway for a foreign holiday but years before you can just wander around the world visa free again by virtue of having a British passport. 

44 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

We have Loi Khao

Lao Khow Thai Whiskey - Life in Udon Thani - Thailand

Kills everything, always drink ice cold water after your communal glass, or expect a burn throat and mouth.

I want to try it.  Just the once, like.   Ebay, here I come...   Nope, couldn't find it.  (Ebay France)

Unlike its more sophisticated counterparts of sake in Japan or soju in South Korea, the distillation process of lao khaoremains uncomplicated and unrefined. The process begins by fashioning yeast cakes from ground sticky rice, water and a mixture of herbs and spices, including chilis, lemongrass, garlic and galangal, among others. These cakes are insulated within a bamboo lattice of rice hay and blankets to create a stifling hot environment which encourages the development of yeast. After a couple of days of this hotbox treatment, the cakes are removed and dried in the Thai sun for between three and five days.

The yeast is then ground into a powder and mixed with steamed sticky rice and water and left to ferment for a week or more. The liquid is then strained from the rice and passed through a rudimentary still, often made of an oil drum over an open fire. As the liquid boils and turns into vapours, it comes into contact with a cold surface at the top of the drum, where it converts back into high-strength alcohol and is collected in a suitable receptacle. As with the manufacture of Scotch whisky, the initial spirit that issues (known as the head) is too strong for purpose, while the last part (known as the tail) is too weak. But once mixed together, they reach a strength of around 30% ABV and are ready for bottling. There is no maturation in oak barrels or the suchlike; instead, the clear liquid is sent straight to market. It’s for this reason that lao khan retains a harsher taste than some of its competitors, since there is no time for them to be teased out of the liquid. It’s become the drink’s defining feature – alongside its incredibly cheap price tag, of course.

If any of our crowd develops symptoms I will keep you posted. I have seen nothing to suggest there is an attributable spike in cases either in Cheltenham itself or amongst those that attended.

At football you are in proximity to a few hundred people sitting around you plus exiting and entering is one way traffic. 
People move about all day at Cheltenham to watch races, bet, eat, drink and use toilets. There are far more contacts. 

1 minute ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

The idea that the general public won't be able to go abroad 'for years' is beyond absurd.

Really? 

All pubs and restaurants are shut for an indefinite period, travel from your home is restricted, you can be arrested for having visitors to your home, trial by jury is suspended, funerals are limited to 6 people and the government is paying the private sector's wage bill.

Yet the idea that you might not get a holiday next year is absurd!