Coronavirus (COVID-19)

25 minutes ago, throbber said:

It’s the principal of course considering Madrid was bad at the time and we took zero precautions because the thought of the football being affected was completely off the table. Besides, not everyone attending Anfield lives in Liverpool and it could easily have led to several cases in London and the West Midlands which have been hit worse.

Travelling football fans that week were a small fraction of people travelling from Madrid to the UK that week. Regular non football air travel dwarfs football air travel. 

1 minute ago, Detournement said:

Travelling football fans that week were a small fraction of people travelling from Madrid to the UK that week. Regular non football air travel dwarfs football air travel. 

Let’s just hope herd immunity works then, seems to be going great so far. 

9 hours ago, ICTChris said:

He’s going to end up being tricked into Smuggling a suitcase full of cocaine for a Mexican cartel. He’ll be incarcerated in a maximum security hellhole and only his brother utilising the collective wisdom of a Scottish football forum can save him.

He's f*****, then.

5 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

If you weren’t scared enough of getting the virus then be scared you’re going to be sacked.

People really need to stay inside.

3280DAAB-C672-486D-BD85-3E9EC1C3B93E.jpeg

On the bright side DWP will be recruiting.

1 hour ago, The OP said:

So what? 5 singers of novelty songs die from flu every year and the all of the Fast Food Rockers were wiped out by e-coli.

Midge Ure will dance a big when he finds out Joe Dolce cops it

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Patience with our current situation will run out quickly, as is the way with patience these days, there wont be much of it. The overriding narrative will be that we have done our bit, but you still havent sorted it, and degenerating from there.

This period of waiting, where there arent really much more measures they can take, and the results wont be seen for another week (sick of the rolling 2 week statements so I am calling it a week) was always going to be where the media focus shifted and the government faced real scrutiny. Glad to see that of course, but cant help feeling that it will come hand in hand with the media acting in a predictably irresponsible manner.

This time next week well be outside nurse's houses with pitchforks.

37 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Shite, misplaced optimism after a couple of days of decline:

image.png.38f52037165d18c1c23c396ded5ed0d4.png

It looks like it could still be near to a peak though. Still slowing overall.

We're being told constantly it should be within the next 7-14 days. That graph does support that at least.

10 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Travelling football fans that week were a small fraction of people travelling from Madrid to the UK that week. Regular non football air travel dwarfs football air travel

You can squeeze more of them on the plane too.

Surely the only way we can be near a peak is if the rate of infection is much higher than the government official estimate.

I saw that an epimedologist from Oxford uni thinks over 50% of people could have been infected already. Hopefully that is the case. 

12 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

Aye seen that on the map. Now their Corona freakout level will ramp up x1,000,000. One of the family  is already all over it selling sanitizer

Products are ready for shipping
Alcohol Hand Wash Gel 75 % size 50 ml. 219 baht per bottle. 2 Bottles for 430 baht. There are few items.

Less than 10 bottles. Shipping fee is 50
10-20 bottles. Shipping fee is 70
30-40 bottles. Shipping fee is 90
50-60 bottles. Shipping fee is 110
70-80 bottles. Shipping fee is 130
90-100 bottles. Shipping fee is 150

91439391_1121735204847831_3345270806182625280_o.jpg

We have Loi Khao

Lao Khow Thai Whiskey - Life in Udon Thani - Thailand

Kills everything, always drink ice cold water after your communal glass, or expect a burn throat and mouth.

5 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Surely the only way we can be near a peak is if the rate of infection is much higher than the government official estimate.

I saw that an epimedologist from Oxford uni thinks over 50% of people could have been infected already. Hopefully that is the case. 

I think it is very likely that the number of asymptomatic infections greatly outnumbers the confirmed cases. Then you've got the mild cases self isolating which aren't counted anywhere either.

6 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

We have Loi Khao

Lao Khow Thai Whiskey - Life in Udon Thani - Thailand

Kills everything, always drink ice cold water after your communal glass, or expect a burn throat and mouth.

I was given a bottle of this as a present. Had a taste. It was disgusting. You are supposed to sip it and drink water after it or drink it like a shooter?

20 hours ago, cyderspaceman said:

Are you sure it's a tick bite? Is there a red ring forming around it? Not every tick carries borellia but it is easily treated with antibiotics if caught early.

Doctors in the UK don't seem  (or didn't seem) to be aware of its seriousness.  My test was considered negative in the UK . The UK folk dismissed the 'faint' positive because I'd had it before.   It then got worse and was positive in France where I was treated.

Good work doctor. Sent my doctor some pics this morning and I have to pick up antibiotics later. 

10 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

I was given a bottle of this as a present. Had a taste. It was disgusting. You are supposed to sip it and drink water after it or drink it like a shooter?

It cost 90baht, they either wanted to kill you or wanted to kill you.

They drink it as a small nip, then quickly drink ice/cold water straight after as it will burn your mouth throat.  Countryside Thailand is full of folk addicted to the stuff, quarter bottle  costs 30 baht and you will be fucked all day sipping away.  It will make you go blind for sure or mental.

ETA I can start shipping bottle to Scotland as from tomorrow, anyone intested can PM me. It's all legal stuff.

Edited by SlipperyP

21 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

It cost 90baht, they either wanted to kill you or wanted to kill you.

They drink it as a small nip, then quickly drink ice/cold water straight after as it will burn your mouth throat.  Countryside Thailand is full of folk addicted to the stuff, quarter bottle  costs 30 baht and you will be fucked all day sipping away.  It will make you go blind for sure or mental.

Couldn't find it on a quick google. They don't want it falling into the hands of our jakeys. 

Obviously I'd like to try it.  

eta Found it. It's paint thinner.

Lao khao simply translates to ‘white spirit’, which can be somewhat misleading as the drink is clear and colourless. The only thing watery about the taste and the smell though, is what it does to your eyes after the first swallow. The initial taste is sharp and sweet though soon the punch of alcohol with a hint of diesel kicks in, burning the throat and filling the nostrils. Being a typical student with a penchant for vodkas, whiskeys and rum, I was expecting it all to go down quite easily, after all it was only supposed to be 30% alcohol. I was wrong. The burn lasted far longer than should be acceptable and I must admit that I didn’t love the bitter aftertaste. So, what’s all the fuss about?

Edited by cyderspaceman