Coronavirus (COVID-19)

5 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

:(.   Some of us are ok. 

Seen a few adverts for private "roof top parties" in Phuket and Pattaya in the last few days.

Hope they get the book thrown at them.

Also the Thai are still partying, they just don't make the news.

8 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

Poisoning the world since 1492.                                     (and before)

32 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

ETA A new study in Massachusetts saying that coughs can travel up to 6m & sneezes 8m. 

How they never new that before f**k knows. 

13 minutes ago, cyderspaceman said:

Never factored in wind assistance.

Should've brought in this guy as a sneeze expert.

image.png.b4ac9a59f7483b310435a75e2c980bf2.png

2 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

:(.   Some of us are ok. 

Seen a few adverts for private "roof top parties" in Phuket and Pattaya in the last few days.

Hope they get the book thrown at them.

Also the Thai are still partying, they just don't make the news.

The problem is for yourself SP is that it just leads to anti-farang sentiment, they are already blaming tourists for the epidemic so folk should be keeping their heads down and respecting the laws even if some Thais think they can get round it. Up country seems as though they are dodging it or just not testing. 

There are no cases of coronavirus confirmed in Chaiyaphum, ประเทศไทย, as of Thursday, 2nd of April 2020.

23 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

I was there Tuesday and Wednesday as I do every year. The proximity of people is way less than sitting at a football match bar pinch points within what is a vast site. A lot of the inside facilities were shut too. Twats like Parker-Bowles will have been holed up in a hospitality box which I would agree probably put them at slightly higher risk. There were as many people at Annfield than at Cheltenham on the Wednesday yet it never gets mentioned !

Stirling will be the epicentre this time next week. 

8 minutes ago, throbber said:

I haven’t checked.

Had a look. Liverpool and the Wirral are listed as infected areas but so are dozens of others so there don't seem to be any figures suggesting the Madrid fans made a difference. Who knows?

2 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

The problem is for yourself SP is that it just leads to anti-farang sentiment, they are already blaming tourists for the epidemic so folk should be keeping their heads down and respecting the laws even if some Thais think they can get round it. Up country seems as though they are dodging it or just not testing. 

There are no cases of coronavirus confirmed in Chaiyaphum, ประเทศไทย, as of Thursday, 2nd of April 2020.

Thai don't like foreigners, no matter what country they come from.  They see us as money bags and that is the only reason they accept us.

I'm up country slightly and no cases in my province, but as you say. I don't think they are testing anyone.  Also when someone dies they get chucked in the fire pretty quick here 3 days or less.,so we will never know what they die of.

Here is a wee website I came across you might like.  Can change to English...  https://covidtracker.5lab.co/en

that link you have doesn't even have Singburi  555

Just now, cyderspaceman said:

Had a look. Liverpool and the Wirral are listed as infected areas but so are dozens of others so there don't seem to be any figures suggesting the Madrid fans made a difference. Who knows?

It’s the principal of course considering Madrid was bad at the time and we took zero precautions because the thought of the football being affected was completely off the table. Besides, not everyone attending Anfield lives in Liverpool and it could easily have led to several cases in London and the West Midlands which have been hit worse.

40 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

ETA A new study in Massachusetts saying that coughs can travel up to 6m & sneezes 8m. 

How they never knew that before f**k knows. 

I read that Massachusetts Institute of Technology calculated that the maximum sneeze distance was 200 feet.

I wonder if it is the same people or maybe sneezing is a popular subject for research in and around Boston.  If so I wonder why.

7 minutes ago, Snafu said:

I'll believe it when I see.

Also if they can keep it going so that masks are not reused.

There's also going to be tons and tons of landfill everywhere due to no recycling as if that was ever going to happen.

All for something that is practically useless and offers little protection from the virus.

And why, is there little faith in social distancing and telling people to stay inside, is that not enough?

1. It will happen, too much money it not to happen
  2. Washable, we have them here.  Handed out to us on Tuesday
  3. In the fire they go.
  4. That's all going to change
  5. No, people don't/can't do it, we live with idiots

5 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

I read that Massachusetts Institute of Technology calculated that the maximum sneeze distance was 200 feet.

I wonder if it is the same people or maybe sneezing is a popular subject for research in and around Boston.  If so I wonder why.

20 feet

7 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

My da phoned me today.
He won't be getting any further treatment for his (terminal) cancer as it's not worth the risk of him going into hospitals.
He was also told if he catches this virus he'll die (quicker than he is due to).

It was a weird call.

That's tough news., although makes (sad) sense. Surely he'll be getting palliative care at home?

7 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

Cheers guys.
I'm not looking for any sympathy or such it's just so fucked up. It's also what I was expecting to hear.
He was on chemo to stretch out his life a bit. He met his first granddaughter two weeks ago. It's just a shame he can't spend time with her now so hopefully we all see this out and get a bit more out of it.

That's hard to take, too.

1 minute ago, SlipperyP said:

@dirty dingus Chaiyaphum has 2 cases

Aye seen that on the map. Now their Corona freakout level will ramp up x1,000,000. One of the family  is already all over it selling sanitizer

Products are ready for shipping
Alcohol Hand Wash Gel 75 % size 50 ml. 219 baht per bottle. 2 Bottles for 430 baht. There are few items.

Less than 10 bottles. Shipping fee is 50
10-20 bottles. Shipping fee is 70
30-40 bottles. Shipping fee is 90
50-60 bottles. Shipping fee is 110
70-80 bottles. Shipping fee is 130
90-100 bottles. Shipping fee is 150

91439391_1121735204847831_3345270806182625280_o.jpg