Coronavirus (COVID-19)

16 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

My da phoned me today.
He won't be getting any further treatment for his (terminal) cancer as it's not worth the risk of him going into hospitals.
He was also told if he catches this virus he'll die (quicker than he is due to).

It was a weird call.

Sorry to hear this mate.

Sounds like they (NHS) are prioritising who gets access to treatment brought about by the pandemic and limited resources. Doesn't make it any easier for you or your Dad though.

Gambatte.

Not peaked yet, clearly, but Scotland's figures overall seem to be relatively encouraging.

Be interesting to see what these look like come w/b 13/4 & 27/4 respectively.

20200402_015449.jpg

20200402_015426.jpg

Screenshot_20200402-015407_Opera.jpg

Edited by Todd_is_God

9 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I'm in a similar position though hoping I've got a good few years to go, there's no cure. Been told that my next chemo will be discussed with my Oncologist to decide the balance of benefit versus the risk of catching the virus by turning up for my treatment, but basically it's up to me. It's not about resources. Unless it's Armadeddon out there I'm going to finish my chemo and hit my bucket list, feeling perfectly fit so I want to get the treatment out of the way ASAP.

Just bare in mind that you're high risk from colds and flu anyway. Good luck mate.

I've literally just had a CT scan with the results showing no growth in the suspected tumor but my tumor markers are slightly elevated again.

So good news and bad there. 

31 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Not peaked yet, clearly, but Scotland's figures overall seem to be relatively encouraging.

Be interesting to see what these look like come w/b 13/4 & 27/4 respectively.

20200402_015449.jpg

20200402_015426.jpg

Screenshot_20200402-015407_Opera.jpg

Sweden are galloping away from Denmark and we're bringing up the rear. 

RUK 39 per million

Sweden 24 per million

Denmark 17 per million

Scotland 13 per million

All approximates. 

Edited by ayrmad

7 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Aye, but you still wear a mask to the supermarket when almost every chief medical officer in the world has said this is pointless.

Swings and roundabouts.

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-52126735

Everyone will be wearing a mask in about 1 month....same as Asia, where the numbers are nowhere near the same as Western countries.

1 minute ago, SlipperyP said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-52126735

Everyone will be wearing a mask in about 1 month....same as Asia, where the numbers are nowhere near the same as Western countries.

I was just making a joke based on an earlier comment from Mixu.

3 hours ago, ayrmad said:

Sweden are galloping away from Denmark and we're bringing up the rear. 

RUK 39 per million

Sweden 24 per million

Denmark 17 per million

Scotland 13 per million

All approximates. 

Norway on 8, Iceland on 6, Finland on 3.

Does anyone else know why there is a clamour still for temperature checking at airports, just about every expert has said it's a waste of time and can give false positive results, yet just about everyday at the moment I see some "commentator" almost screaming that this is something the government should be doing urgently. 

I hope the slight decline in new cases continues in Scotland but we really need to get testing ramping up

2 minutes ago, 101 said:

Does anyone else know why there is a clamour still for temperature checking at airports, just about every expert has said it's a waste of time and can give false positive results, yet just about everyday at the moment I see some "commentator" almost screaming that this is something the government should be doing urgently. 

I hope the slight decline in new cases continues in Scotland but we really need to get testing ramping up

False positives aren't a problem though. 

No one should be flying now anyway unless absolutely necessary and I'd say every single person entering the UK should be getting 14 days in a hotel room on the government tab. 

22 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Can't imagine why Sweden is pulling ahead of the rest of the Nordics tbh.

It's a turn up for the books. 

4 minutes ago, 101 said:

Isn't the slight decline due to the fact that Tuesday's figures were artificially high because one lab didn't work over the weekend and reported 3 days' worth of figures in one go?

3 minutes ago, Detournement said:

False positives aren't a problem though. 

No one should be flying now anyway unless absolutely necessary and I'd say every single person entering the UK should be getting 14 days in a hotel room on the government tab. 

I would agree with that forced isolation would be about the only logical step. 

1 minute ago, The DA said:

Isn't the slight decline due to the fact that Tuesday's figures were artificially high because one lab didn't work over the weekend and reported 3 days' worth of figures in one go?

Very true forgot about that.