Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Guest Moomintroll
We've obviously got a direct route to the milder strain on here, hope Div hasn't restricted it to his tenner a monthers. 
All those Gold Members had their chance, us Platinium folks still have it shite but we are faring better. Jeremiah Cole is a Gold Member, I have nothing more to add.

Was on the news tonight as a positive spin story. I don't see an issue with them claiming the 80%, the regs allow them to do so, as long as they make up the difference. This scheme was always going to attract "opportunists"

It's absolutely not ok that celtic are using this scheme. It's fucking greed, and certainly goes against their 'community roots - we're the good guys' persona that they promote so much.
There was a report this morning saying most of them are. They made a particular point about Spurs, as their owner has a personal fortune of £4.3 Billion but was still taking advantage of the scheme.
Having said that, I suppose it's no different to FTSE 100 companies doing the same as they're worth Billions and are mostly owned by Foreign Hedge Funds, Institutions and High Net Worth individuals.
I agree.

This relief should not be for companies until those at the top take a massive pay cut to show some solidarity with their workers.

9 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
1 hour ago, cyderspaceman said:
I like Affligem. Unfortunately it's 6.7% so not a session beer.
Well, not for me anyway.  Two's enough. 3 if I've already had my dinner.

Affigem is good, but isn't that Belgian rather than Dutch? Amstel is a perfectly acceptable beer if you're in the Netherlands though.

Affligem is definitely Belgian. No one should be drinking Dutch beer. If you ignore shite like Stella or Jupiler, Belgian beer is by far the best in the world. La Chouffe or Orval imo

7 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Don't want to quote Jeremiah, but for him and a few others on here you maybe want to start toning it down a bit on the Conspiracy theories, and the viewpoint that this is all an overreaction, and won't be nearly as bad as stated etc.

Unofficially from someone I know who is involved in local planning around this, apparently fatalities are going to start rising quite rapidly in a matter of days in Scotland.  Temp morgues which have been on standby to be needed fairly imminently.

Not a source for anyone else here to hang their hat on obviously, and hopefully it's wrong, but there is a chance folk on here will be directly affected over the next while.

This is the thing, anyone with half a brain or even an informed idiot surely knows that the "ramp up" is a given and it's expected over the next 2-3 weeks. The occupancy rate in the hospitals in the UK or even USA today, are inconsequential, it's what's already in the pipeline and what's coming our way which is the huge worry and it's now unavoidable.

I really don't know why Jeremiah finds this so difficult to grasp ????

I think he does. 

I think if everyone was arguing this was a conspiracy he'd be on here quoting death rates and videos from hospital wards in Northern Italy.

There's always folk want to rock against the general consensus just for the sake of it.

edit: in reply to Watto

Edited by PauloPerth

11 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
1 hour ago, cyderspaceman said:
I like Affligem. Unfortunately it's 6.7% so not a session beer.
Well, not for me anyway.  Two's enough. 3 if I've already had my dinner.

Affigem is good, but isn't that Belgian rather than Dutch? Amstel is a perfectly acceptable beer if you're in the Netherlands though.

Yes, Belgian. I was just puting in my 2 eurocents worth.  

2 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

I think he does. 

I think if everyone was arguing this was a conspiracy he'd be on here quoting death rates and videos from hospital wards in Northern Italy.

There's always folk want to rock against the general consensus just for the sake of it.

You could be right.

Being a bit doom and gloom here, but has it been discussed anywhere about us generally being classed as the 'sick man' of Europe with our terrible health and mortality rates in certain parts of the country?

Heart disease, respiratory ailments, smoking, diabetes, obesity etc have all played a part in a percentage of covid19 deaths elsewhere apparently.

Are we right in the firing line to get absolutely battered by this virus in terms of fatalities?

19 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

The older I get, the less I get annoyed by obvious contrarian/conspiracy theory loonballs, and more fucking bored I get. Citizen reporters on YouTube you utter fool

The older I get, the less I care about anything. Possibly universal once you pass the G.O.M. stage and reach the Ah-fuckit-who-cares-pissing-into-the-wind stage.

33 minutes ago, Jeremiah Cole said:

These numbers are meaningless

They are telling us the numbers dying WITH coronavirus, not OF it

we need to know the excess mortality

i believe the excess mortality in the UK will be zero

For the nth time it's not about excess mortality you obtuse dumbfuck, it's about a very rapid growth of people needing care all at the same time.