Coronavirus (COVID-19)

3 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

If I genuinely thought some terrible mistake had been made by almost every chief medical officer in the world about coronavirus I'm not totally sold on the medium of P&B to persuade and disseminate this, presumably vital, information

Aye, but you still wear a mask to the supermarket when almost every chief medical officer in the world has said this is pointless.

Swings and roundabouts.

5 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

If I genuinely thought some terrible mistake had been made by almost every chief medical officer in the world about coronavirus I'm not totally sold on the medium of P&B to persuade and disseminate this, presumably vital, information

The more people start to ask questions, the better.

A couple of weeks ago folk were sceptical of everything the government came out with.

Now everyone seems to be accepting what they are saying without question.

The tide will turn soon enough and the backtracking will begin.

They’ve already started telling us that there are green shoots, that we’ve not to pay too much attention to large daily death figures.

Next they’ll tell us that the lockdown has worked better than expected and tell us how successful they were in saving so many lives. 

Mate of mine been laid off from Rolls Royce. Unsure if he could have been furloughed as he's technically a contractor supplied by an agency. Anyone else in a similar position?

4 minutes ago, Jeremiah Cole said:

Neither am I

I’m just putting out the information and asking questions.

Up to people to make up their own minds.

If folk want to hurl abuse at me then fine. 

Aye,nae bother David Icke.You might think you’re being clever and enlightening but in truth your nothing more than a village idiot. 😂

1 minute ago, badgerthewitness said:

Haven't been on this thread since the Indiana Jones debate was kicking off & cba trawling through all the pages.

Please tell me the consensus rated Last Crusade as best, and the reason for this conclusion was Alison Doody. If not, gtf P&B.

doodnessgraciousme.jpg

Everyone agreed that Crusade was the best.

Neither am I
Ah, the standard 'just asking questions' reply used by every conspiracy theory nutjob.

1 hour ago, invergowrie arab said:

My wife is an NHS worker. Phoned in sick this morning at 9am, was tested at 11:20 was given a diagnosis at 3pm so I'm at least reassured that key workers can get the tests.

In case anyone is worried she is fine just like a really bad flu. She mostly sleeps.

Both of us had symptoms we convinced ourselves weren't Corona because they didn't quite match up.

No fever, very mild cough and the main  feature was fatigue like a stinking flu and we have both had loss of tastebuds.

So now I'm sure I have had it too and come out the other side I should be allowed to go for pints when we come out of the fortnights isolation.

Good for you. Hope it passes mildly.

Err, where are you going for said pints?

33 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

Ours hasn't collapsed and we're tracking them well. 

If you mean London and the West Midlands, maybe.

Up here in Scotland we appear to have done much better at minimising the impact.

17 minutes ago, Jeremiah Cole said:

The more people start to ask questions, the better.

A couple of weeks ago folk were sceptical of everything the government came out with.

Now everyone seems to be accepting what they are saying without question.

The tide will turn soon enough and the backtracking will begin.

They’ve already started telling us that there are green shoots, that we’ve not to pay too much attention to large daily death figures.

Next they’ll tell us that the lockdown has worked better than expected and tell us how successful they were in saving so many lives. 

Noone I know is accepting what they say without question. 

They're lying about tests, they're lying about what they were up to in February, they're lying about ventilators, they're lying about a lot. 

Blindly trusting what the government say is exactly the same as blindly accepting what anti-vaxxer websites say and C&Ping their content willy nilly on forums. You're not even passing comment, just parroting their theories: no different at all to parroting what the govt are saying. 

21 minutes ago, Jeremiah Cole said:

Neither am I

You're not though mate, you're just copying content from elsewhere and pasting it here - you're not even paraphrasing ffs

Edited by madwullie

28 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Aye, but you still wear a mask to the supermarket when almost every chief medical officer in the world has said this is pointless.

Swings and roundabouts.

If everyone wore a mask it would hugely cut down on transmission rates.