Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

When are they expecting the SEC hospital to be functioning? I still think the worst will be over by the time it opens

Temporary Glasgow coronavirus hospital 'may not be needed'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-52121144

6 minutes ago, Forest_Fifer said:
26 minutes ago, s_dog said:
Good article on the BBC website about it -  https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52120578
“This exposes the crazy economics in English football and the moral vacuum at its centre.”
The furlough scheme is not being used in the appropriate way.
"This isn't what it's designed for. It's not designed to effectively allow them to continue to pay people hundreds of thousands of pounds, while at the same time furloughing staff on hundreds of pounds.".

I thought there was a limit on the 80% scheme of £2500 a month?

There is.

7 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

This been posted? These Tory c***s are going to kill 10's of thousands with their incompetence as they all hunker down kidding on they all have the smeggy touch.

There was a report on BBC earlier and the guy basically said the Govt are in chaos, not surprised when they all fucked off with a sniffle. 

6 minutes ago, Alan Stubbs said:

I’ve just accidentally stumbled on the horrific realisation that Andrew Neil has been tweeting the same shit I’m saying. That’s not where I get my opinions from.

Hiya Andy, hiya pal 😉

The figure quoted as self isolating today was 125,000 NHS staff, they need testing and they need it now, gross negligence now.

That depends on how the NHS absence rate versus the number of people they think have it. Also you would need to test family members to reduce the scenario you mention to reduce the number of people going off because of non NHS family members with symptoms.
Also finding one NHS case means testing all their NHS contacts and deep cleaning the areas they have been working in.

Is testing more people really key at this point? We are restricted in movement anyway. That ship has sailed.

Reducing hospital admissions is the idea. If you have any symptoms you stay home. Knowing definitely, for example, wee Jimmy has it but only has a mild cough and is staying home for 7 days really isn't that important.

If hospital admissions start to level off in around 10 days and then remain there for the next fornight or so, deaths will peak about 2 weeks later and fall off in about 6 weeks.

Testing more people won't greatly impact that.

Antibody testing is whats needed.

Frontline NHS it definitely is given the numbers self isolating, they need to be tested so as many as possible get back to work

Is testing more people really key at this point? We are restricted in movement anyway. That ship has sailed.
Reducing hospital admissions is the idea. If you have any symptoms you stay home. Knowing definitely, for example, wee Jimmy has it but only has a mild cough and is staying home for 7 days really isn't that important.
If hospital admissions start to level off in around 10 days and then remain there for the next fornight or so, deaths will peak about 2 weeks later and fall off in about 6 weeks.
Testing more people won't greatly impact that.
Antibody testing is whats needed.

4 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Of course they did.

They're just as concerned, if not more-so, than the Yanks with the whole "impact on the economy mattering more than human lives"

The only difference is that had this started in the USA, it would probably be much, much worse

My wife is an NHS worker. Phoned in sick this morning at 9am, was tested at 11:20 was given a diagnosis at 3pm so I'm at least reassured that key workers can get the tests.

In case anyone is worried she is fine just like a really bad flu. She mostly sleeps.

Both of us had symptoms we convinced ourselves weren't Corona because they didn't quite match up.

No fever, very mild cough and the main  feature was fatigue like a stinking flu and we have both had loss of tastebuds.

So now I'm sure I have had it too and come out the other side I should be allowed to go for pints when we come out of the fortnights isolation.

23 minutes ago, Forest_Fifer said:
43 minutes ago, s_dog said:
Good article on the BBC website about it -  https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52120578
“This exposes the crazy economics in English football and the moral vacuum at its centre.”
The furlough scheme is not being used in the appropriate way.
"This isn't what it's designed for. It's not designed to effectively allow them to continue to pay people hundreds of thousands of pounds, while at the same time furloughing staff on hundreds of pounds.".

I thought there was a limit on the 80% scheme of £2500 a month?

Aye, but it's a bit daft if folk earning tens of thousands a month are getting £2500 to cover their cocaine bills now they're out of testing. If that's the way it works. Or if they're getting subsidies to pay cleaners wages while continuing to pay top footballers full whack.

Edited by welshbairn

54 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Good for you.

Can you answer the question we've been asking for days,  why are you such a cock?

Have you ever considered a career in stand up?

just thought I’d post it before that fanny does.